• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns CZ Shadow 2 Trigger Job

kriller134

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 9, 2017
    I got bored and decided to do a trigger job on my shadow 2. Called up Cajun and they quoted a 14 week turnaround time. I got on the waiting list, but decided to do some research on how difficult it is to work on. Didn’t seem too hard, so I gave it a go. Tore the gun down following the instructions in this CZ 75 tear down, and Polishing using this thread. Now I’m just waiting on the Pro package from Cajun.

Kind hard to tell from the pictures, but the parts are pretty much a mirror finish. I used 500, 1000, and some scotchbrite. Then I used a dremel and mothers wheel polish. Gotta be super careful not to remove material as that will change the timing of the action. You just need to smooth out the surfaces. I’ll update once I get the parts from Cajun.

IMG_2140.jpeg

IMG_2138.jpeg

IMG_2137.jpeg

IMG_2135.jpeg
    IMG_2136.jpeg

Reactions: Ichi
    Looks good. I do all my own trigger jobs on my CZ’s and have done a few for friends. IMO CZ really narrowed the gap with the Shadow 2 compared to their other models, and all you really need to get a decent trigger is some spring changes and a couple pins, and some light polishing which you’ve already done.

Changing out the hammer and sear for the Cajun parts does change the feel of the trigger. It makes the SA wall more pronounced and crisp compared to the ‘rolling’ break with the OEM hammer/sear. I personally have come to prefer the feel of the rolling break so keep mine OEM.

For me, the biggest change is installing an 11 lb main spring and adding a reduced weight Trigger Return Spring. That alone drops the DA down to 6 lbs and SA to 2 lbs and its a smooth linear pull with no stacking. But if you go with the 11 lb MS then its a good idea to swap out the stock firing pin for the CGW extended firing pin and also use their FP spring to avoid light strikes. And while you’re taking the OEM trigger pin out you might as well replace it with the CGW floating trigger pin (makes taking it out the next time much easier). Then tune your recoil spring to match your ammo. I like a 10 lb recoil spring.

The CZ trigger jobs are not that hard and like you I polished the heck out of everything in mine.

CGW kit makes a huge difference.

Reactions: kriller134
    Looks good. I do all my own trigger jobs on my CZ’s and have done a few for friends. IMO CZ really narrowed the gap with the Shadow 2 compared to their other models, and all you really need to get a decent trigger is some spring changes and a couple pins, and some light polishing which you’ve already done.

Changing out the hammer and sear for the Cajun parts does change the feel of the trigger. It makes the SA wall more pronounced and crisp compared to the ‘rolling’ break with the OEM hammer/sear. I personally have come to prefer the feel of the rolling break so keep mine OEM.

For me, the biggest change is installing an 11 lb main spring and adding a reduced weight Trigger Return Spring. That alone drops the DA down to 6 lbs and SA to 2 lbs and its a smooth linear pull with no stacking. But if you go with the 11 lb MS then its a good idea to swap out the stock firing pin for the CGW extended firing pin and also use their FP spring to avoid light strikes. And while you’re taking the OEM trigger pin out you might as well replace it with the CGW floating trigger pin (makes taking it out the next time much easier). Then tune your recoil spring to match your ammo. I like a 10 lb recoil spring.
    Yeah pro package comes with all the needed parts. I have a SP-01 that Cajun did and really like the feel of the pro package plus I have small hands and short fingers, so the reach reduction really helps me for DA shots. I’m gonna try out an 11 pound recoil spring and see how that goes.

Reactions: ECK
    I put the gun back together with the stock parts to see how the polishing feels. So much smoother. I forgot to get the trigger pull weights before. Here’s the DA/SA weights with the factory hammer spring. Weights are based off of a 10 pull average.

IMG_2145.jpeg
    IMG_2146.jpeg

And here are the weights with a 13lbs hammer spring. DA significantly reduced SA stayed the same.
    IMG_2149.jpeg
    IMG_2150.jpeg

I’ll update tomorrow when the Cajun parts arrive and installed.

Got the pro package in today and installed. Insane how short the SA pull is and the reset is super short too. I’m running an 11 lbs main spring with the CGW DA/SA flat trigger. DA is coming in at 5 lbs 5 ounces and SA at 1 lbs 15 ounces. All in all it’s been a fun project to work on. Got lucky and didn’t have to fit the disconnector, so that saved a lot time.

DA TRIGGER
    IMG_2157.jpeg

SA TRIGGER
    IMG_2158.jpeg

FLAT VS COMBAT 85 trigger
    IMG_2159.jpeg

Reactions: ECK and Ichi