• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ Shadow 2 vs. CZ TS2 Blue

RLinNH

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Mar 23, 2019
I'm scratching my head here. What's the difference between the 2 of these pistols. I know that one one them is a single action only. While the other is a double/single action. Other than that, are they the same pistola?

TS 2...no rail, single action trigger that is very light, 5.2" barrel, has a mag well, 20 round mags, 48.5oz, 8.86" long

Shadow.... has a rail, DA/SA trigger, DA is pretty heavy but smooth SA is light and smooth, 4.89" barrel, 17 round mags, 46.5oz, 8.53 long

I just sold my TS2 I much prefer the shadow....trigger on the TS2 was way to light for my liking...both are just stupid accurate with every ammo I've put through them...next on my list is the Accu Shadow.

Thanks to all for the replies. My LGS currently has both in stock. So I guess I'll go and handle both to make my mind up. I do know that one of them(I can't remember which) does not have slide cuts on the rear of the slide. That's a deal breaker for me.

Thanks to all for the replies. My LGS currently has both in stock. So I guess I'll go and handle both to make my mind up. I do know that one of them(I can't remember which) does not have slide cuts on the rear of the slide. That's a deal breaker for me.
That’s the optics ready shadow 2

if that’s a deal breaker for you…..you’re wrong :). It’s awesome.

9C0DD16D-1AFE-4951-96A4-26BCC4BF80D0.jpeg

Last edited:
I sold my TS Orange for an CZ Custom Accushadow 2. I didn't find the TS any better than a Shadow 2 variant (it's better than the original CZ75, though).

I personally don't care for rear slide cuts... Running an optic is the way to go anyway.

PXL_20230106_081351724.jpg

That’s the optics ready shadow 2

if that’s a deal breaker for you…..you’re wrong :). It’s awesome.
Did that pistol come with that flat trigger or did you put it in? How do you like the flat trigger?

Did that pistol come with that flat trigger or did you put it in? How do you like the flat trigger?
It’s a CGW SAO trigger. I installed it and I would do it again in a heartbeat. It shoots really nice and comes with pre travel and over travel adjustment.
I didn’t have any reason to keep it as a DA/SA because I don’t shoot competitions. I just wanted a nice shooting gun for the range. I did a couple other little things that CGW recommends at the same time as the trigger (springs, pins, etc).

It’s a CGW SAO trigger. I installed it and I would do it again in a heartbeat. It shoots really nice and comes with pre travel and over travel adjustment.
I didn’t have any reason to keep it as a DA/SA because I don’t shoot competitions. I just wanted a nice shooting gun for the range. I did a couple other little things that CGW recommends at the same time as the trigger (springs, pins, etc).
I'm going to start shooting steel challenge and action pistol matches this year so I'm going to stay all factory for now with my shadow but thinking about triggers for my 75 D and P-01 and CGW seems like the man for anything CZ.

Reactions: trob

See how they fit your hand and point for you.

The TS series is probably going to be a bit of a fatter grip than the Shadow 2 series.

Reactions: LR1845
And there’s always lokgrips if you don’t like the feel…I personally prefer the palm swell grips.

Attachments

• 7620A812-06B1-4824-A80C-D0A7594833A7.jpeg
    7620A812-06B1-4824-A80C-D0A7594833A7.jpeg
    768.1 KB · Views: 211
  • 60731579-6849-489A-BDDB-5EE9B13B8365.jpeg
    60731579-6849-489A-BDDB-5EE9B13B8365.jpeg
    519.9 KB · Views: 178
  • 746EAD9C-D99B-46FC-8EEC-49B7122C5229.jpeg
    746EAD9C-D99B-46FC-8EEC-49B7122C5229.jpeg
    498 KB · Views: 164
  • B2EC6FE0-B3BB-460A-A483-108F2F275791.jpeg
    B2EC6FE0-B3BB-460A-A483-108F2F275791.jpeg
    448.7 KB · Views: 225
I'm going to start shooting steel challenge and action pistol matches this year so I'm going to stay all factory for now with my shadow but thinking about triggers for my 75 D and P-01 and CGW seems like the man for anything CZ.
I had Cajun Gun Works modify both my P-01 and P-07 with their Pro Carry package. Also added the bushing and Trijicon night sights for the P-01. Very happy with the work.

That said, the trigger pull is much lighter than that of the factory. Requires practice if you plan to carry the pistols for self defense.

Lok Grips complete the package...

I do know that one of them(I can't remember which) does not have slide cuts on the rear of the slide. That's a deal breaker for me.

Learn to run the slide from the front.

Are these going to be plinkers/safe queens, or do you intent to play a sport with them? If so which one?

The TS/CM frame is made for IPSC Standard/USPSA Limited and Open divisions. The frame is larger to accommodate longer ammunition. Some of the trigger components interchange with the S1/S2 but not much else does. The TS is physically larger than an S2 in almost every way. If you aren't competing, you're probably better off with an S2.

Learn to run the slide from the front.

Are these going to be plinkers/safe queens, or do you intent to play a sport with them? If so which one?
It will be shot. But it's going to ride the safe with the possibility of someday playing a sport with it. And as far as running a slide from the front, that goes against every piece of tactical training that I have received in the military. I can see running the slide from the RMR, but I hate that as you run the possibility of loosing your zero. Then again, I now sound like I am from 1990...:rolleyes: I do appreciate all of the replies as that's how I learn. For the current time, I am heavily leaning towards the S2 and running the slide from the RMR.

It will be shot. But it's going to ride the safe with the possibility of someday playing a sport with it. And as far as running a slide from the front, that goes against every piece of tactical training that I have received in the military. I can see running the slide from the RMR, but I hate that as you run the possibility of loosing your zero. Then again, I now sound like I am from 1990...:rolleyes: I do appreciate all of the replies as that's how I learn. For the current time, I am heavily leaning towards the S2 and running the slide from the RMR.
Things evolve, training and shooting are no exceptions. Being able to run the slide from the front is perfectly fine. 21+ years military here...

Never owned one but have shot several of the Shadows. Super accurate and the smoothest out of the box DA pull I’ve ever felt but with that being said the trigger reach is way to far for me to shoot as is in comps or as a carry gun. I don’t have small hands but not huge either.

And as far as running a slide from the front, that goes against every piece of tactical training that I have received in the military. I can see running the slide from the RMR, but I hate that as you run the possibility of loosing your zero.
Military marksmanship doctrine is for the most part decades behind the state of the art.

A slide mounted reflex sight and its mounting system are subjected to immense g forces during normal operation and you slapping it to run the slide is a puny impact in comparison.

You have much to learn

Reactions: stefan73

The RMRs are durable. As demonstrated in the video below from Sage Dynamics.

You can run the slide however way you want, but after a while, you'll get sick of having to wipe your palm print off the front lens and will start to warm up to running it from the front lol.

Compared to the G's it's subjected to during recoil, you won't be able to do anything to it while racking it.

The optic also gives a nice edge to grab on the sides.

Or you just rack it from the top front.

Or go full race and put a left side charging handle on the slide.

Honestly, the XD is the only design with a spring so stiff it's actually needed. Unless I have crazy grip strength, I don't notice having issues without serrations with any of my other pistols.

The RMRs are durable. As demonstrated in the video below from Sage Dynamics.

Thanks for the video!!! That'll change a guy's mind about the durability of an RMR...:oops:

Never owned one but have shot several of the Shadows. Super accurate and the smoothest out of the box DA pull I’ve ever felt but with that being said the trigger reach is way to far for me to shoot as is in comps or as a carry gun. I don’t have small hands but not huge either.
I own a few CZs and have fingered a Shadow or 2, the DA reach is pretty long for me on all of them. The CGW Pro Package will be happening on my P-01 sooner or later.

Thanks for the video!!! That'll change a guy's mind about the durability of an RMR...:oops:
Welcome to the modern pistol world lol, it's great to see all the innovations not only in equipment, but in techniques. I highly recommend watching videos or buying books from the following people:
-Aaron Cowan(Sage Dynamics - video from above)
-Ben Stoeger/Joel Park - Probably one of the best pistol instructors in the world.
-Hwansik Kim - One of the best minds when it comes to developing drills to improve and assess pistol shooting performance.
-Billy Barton(Spec Train) - I love the way he explains things.

I own a few CZs and have fingered a Shadow or 2, the DA reach is pretty long for me on all of them. The CGW Pro Package will be happening on my P-01 sooner or later.
The reach reduction kit from CGW or CZC will be a huge improvement. I also HIGHLY recommend one of those companies flat triggers. They are great feeling and they do "feel" like they bring the trigger back another 1/8" or so.

@RLinNH if you want some legit compare/contrast between Army doctrine and state of the art pistol craft, talk to @Gustav7.

He has real world experience to back up what he says.

Army doctrine is lacking in those areas imo.

That’s what he was implying and you’re right. It ranges from lacking all the way to nonexistent lol.

I was lucky to have some good dudes overseas that introduced me to better fundamentals and mechanics, but our normal pistol range and training was pretty bad.

The TS/CM frame is made for IPSC Standard/USPSA Limited and Open divisions. The frame is larger to accommodate longer ammunition. Some of the trigger components interchange with the S1/S2 but not much else does. The TS is physically larger than an S2 in almost every way. If you aren't competing, you're probably better off with an S2.
I'm a little confused by this statement, are you implying that the Shadow 2 is not competitive?
The Shadow 2 is listed as the most commonly used pistol in production in USPSA Production Nationals 2020 at 39%. https://www.ssusa.org/content/top-uspsa-production-handguns-in-2020/

I run my Shadow 2 in limited. You could run it in open also but why? Especially if you aren't making major power factor. If you are concerned about making major power factor just get a TSO in .40 or hotrod the crap out of your reloads and run them in a Czechmate.

I'm a little confused by this statement, are you implying that the Shadow 2 is not competitive?
The Shadow 2 is listed as the most commonly used pistol in production in USPSA Production Nationals 2020 at 39%. https://www.ssusa.org/content/top-uspsa-production-handguns-in-2020/

I run my Shadow 2 in limited. You could run it in open also but why? Especially if you aren't making major power factor. If you are concerned about making major power factor just get a TSO in .40 or hotrod the crap out of your reloads and run them in a Czechmate.

You seem confused. OP is asking which to buy so he probably isn't competing. An S2 probably had more utility outside of competition than a TS. This is my opinion, my input to the thread, you don't need to quote my post to agree or disagree. What you do, or don't do, doesn't effect my opinion.

You seem confused. OP is asking which to buy so he probably isn't competing. An S2 probably had more utility outside of competition than a TS. This is my opinion, my input to the thread, you don't need to quote my post to agree or disagree. What you do, or don't do, doesn't effect my opinion.
Sorry, I quote posts so people understand who I am conversing with and what comments, questions are directed to whom (it's helps to prevent confusion in some cases).

S2 with a heavy DA? Umm. No. Try a stock Beretta or Makarov at 15lbs...

I replaced 2 things on my stock s2, the mainspring and the firing pin (to an XL, to compensate for less mainspring force). Da is around 6 lb. Sa is a stupid like 1-2lb. It's so light it convinced me my 2011 needed a trigger job and it 3.5 lbs. 0 gunsmithing. Changed spring and firing pin. That's it.

That said, both are 'race' guns, but there is nothing wrong with that. They chew up ammo and spit it towards the target w/o all that bs with mags on 2011s.

I can induce a malfunction by hitting the mag release. That's the only time it's barfed. My local group had upwards of 10 people running s2s. No barfing. Crappy reloads from covid Era get processed no issue.

CZ makes good stuff, problem is now they know it and prices went up.

S2 = DA/SA designed for 9mm. Safety, no decoder. Carry with safety on or off. Hammer up or down. Do not carry hammer up safety off.

TS = SA, safety. NO DA. Designed for high capacity (20+1) limited division ipsc/uspsa. Think 1911. Carry cocked and locked. You can carry cooked and unlocked. That would be unsafe.

I've seen good shooters ND with a TS because it's a race trigger. Not saying it's un safe, bad habits get magnified. It's a switch from that lawyer trigger crap we usually get

Last edited:
I've seen good shooters ND with a TS because it's a race trigger. Not saying it's un safe, bad habits get magnified. It's a switch from that lawyer trigger crap we usually get
This why I sold my TS...did'nt want an ND in my foot or leg or some other unwanted spot LOL....triggers way to light for my liking.

I replaced 2 things on my stock s2, the mainspring and the firing pin (to an XL, to compensate for less mainspring force). Da is around 6 lb. Sa is a stupid like 1-2lb. It's so light it convinced me my 2011 needed a trigger job and it 3.5 lbs. 0 gunsmithing. Changed spring and firing pin. That's it.

Which part number spring & firing pin did you use?
I need to make the DA on my S2 a bit lighter and see if that's enough or if I also have to go for the reach reset mod.

I need to make the DA on my S2 a bit lighter and see if that's enough or if I also have to go for the reach reset mod.

I went to a 13lb CGW main spring, and a RAMI firing pin spring. Stock firing pin and what not. Mine is butter smooth and very clean pull. Not sure on weight but I'd say south of 7lbs. I run the CGW flat trigger as well with the floating trigger pin and CGW trigger return spring.

I've got a little less than 5k on the gun though so that always helps lighten it up a bit and break it in.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
I use an 11.5 lb CGW hammer spring and a CGW light FP spring with the OEM FP. Right at 7 lbs DA and butter smooth. Don't remember the SA weight mostly because I don't care. I'm a trigger slapper most of the time. Can't tell you where the reset is most of the time.

Mine has about 1800 rounds. I'm sure it will get a bit better with time.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
I ended this debate of mine today. I picked up the Shadow2. Thanks to everyone for a great thread and all of the advice is appreciated. (y)
If you got the stock one Cajun Gun Works has a nice kit that a lot of people really seem to like to improve the trigger.

I bought my shadow already hot rodded from CZ Custom.

Have fun, they are exceptional pistols.

Reactions: RLinNH
If you got the stock one Cajun Gun Works has a nice kit that a lot of people really seem to like to improve the trigger.

I bought my shadow already hot rodded from CZ Custom.

Have fun, they are exceptional pistols.
I did get a stock one. First things first for me. I want to break her in with 1000 rounds. After that, do a little research and figure out which holster I want to run for a USPSA shoot. BAby steps...:ROFLMAO:

As far as Cajun Gun Works, I couldn't agree with you more. I have a 97 BD that has been Cajunized and worked over by a local armorer that I trust. Love that .45 Now, I can not wait to break in this new Shadow2!!!

I did get a stock one. First things first for me. I want to break her in with 1000 rounds. After that, do a little research and figure out which holster I want to run for a USPSA shoot. BAby steps...:ROFLMAO:

As far as Cajun Gun Works, I couldn't agree with you more. I have a 97 BD that has been Cajunized and worked over by a local armorer that I trust. Love that .45 Now, I can not wait to break in this new Shadow2!!!
Double Alpha for holster, belt and mag holders.