• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ trigger

ipscmaster

Private
Minuteman
Mar 21, 2010
North Carolina
Need help with my CZ trigger. Can anyone tell me the best route to go in obtaining a competition quality trigger ? I plan on shooting tactical type competition. Thanks, ipscmaster

Re: CZ trigger

I have a CZ 452 Varmint model that I was able to do some adjustment myself to get it to a very crispt 2.5 lbs. I also bought a new spring from www.erniethegunsmith.com that is also said to clean up and lighten the trigger but i have not installed it yet. I used his replacement springs in a couple of my Rem 700's and they indeed lightened and provided more adjustability, these are well made with a few choices for many weapons, price is very fair and they ship quick, I also saw some instructions somewhere on the net or this site many months ago, hope it works out

There is an adjustable sear made for the CZ452 that really helps with the awful creep in these triggers. The part is however a bit of a myth. I know they exist, I know people who have them, but I have had one on backorder for 2 months and wonder if it will ever be a part of my rifle.
The pull weight can be adjusted by cutting back the trigger spring just a little. That is what was done to mine but still the creep is awful.

Automation solutions cz 452 adjustable sear is about two lb add a lightweight spring, pull as low as 8oz both can be purchased through Brownells.

The adjustable sear would be good for creep but you still need to change the main spring to adjust trigger pull poundage. While the sear will help some by preloading the spring as it is adjusted to take out creep you are still stuck with the heavy stock spring. The yo Dave kit fixes both....easy to install and cheap as stated above.

True....my main point is you can fix both for much cheaper (<1/3 the price) vs buying a new sear and spring. To each his own.