• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ-USA CZ455 Varmint Precision Trainer Bolt 22LR 20.5" Barrel

mfloski

Private
Minuteman
Jun 27, 2017
Thinking about purchasing this gun. I have a .300WM and a .308, both with Manners EH1 stocks and Timney triggers. I thought with the butt end of the Manners T4 stock on this little .22 basicallly being the same as my other two EH1s, and with the ability to purchase a Timney trigger set at the exact poundage of my other two, it could be the perfect trainer rifle....not to mention getting my 10yr old started shooting with me.

Thoughts on this and any other mods suggested? What ammo does it generally shoot MOA or better with?

Honestly, try SK Standard + first. My pillared and bedded CZ455 Varmint shoots a particular lot of Eley Edge into sub 1/2 MOA groups but it shoots much cheaper SK Standard + almost as well. YMMV.

I ordered this exact rifle and it arrived today. Going to zero it tomorrow and tweak the trigger a little. It doesn't take much work to make the factory trigger great. Im sure hoping mine will like wolf since I have plenty on hand but there will be a box or two of Eley on the bench as well.

I ordered this exact rifle and it arrived today. Going to zero it tomorrow and tweak the trigger a little. It doesn't take much work to make the factory trigger great. Im sure hoping mine will like wolf since I have plenty on hand but there will be a box or two of Eley on the bench as well.

Sweet let me know how it does please!! What scope you putting on yours?

Sweet let me know how it does please!! What scope you putting on yours?

Its wearing a Athlon Ares and shooting great with two eley brands and wolf match. One of the Eleys is one ragged little hole at 50. Unfortunately this eley has been discontinued but I hear the yellow box replaced the brown box. All in all it appears this CZ 455 PT is going to be a shooter!

i have/had the same rifle...mine just went into a mpa chassis.
i have a 24" 20" and 16" barrels the 16" and 24" shoot wolf ME wolf MT fantastic with a slight edge going to eley edge the 20" barrel shoots everything you feed it good and CCI-SV best but nothing outstanding but those are the only 4 ammos ive tried in the 20" barrel.

ive had the best luck with wolf ME and wolf MT so thats where id start also the SK standard+.

SK Match shoots outstanding in mine, followed closely by Aquila Match 40gr solids.

DIP rail, Yo Dave trigger kit, Burris Sig rings with 40 MOA inserts, SWFA 10x on top.....

After testing several brands and lots of ammo I have found my CZ really prefers the Fiocchi 320 and Norma match for long range work. I give the Fiocchi the trophy for consistency out to 350 yards.
At my 50 yd zero winner would be in this order SK, Eley Target, Fiocchi, and Wolf Match.
From a 100 out though the Fiocchi really shines.
I have not yet tried any plus $10.00 brands yet as most of my intended use is PeeWee PRS and a trainer rifle.

I have the 16.5” barrel and it likes Wolf Match Target

Attachments

• photo81251.jpg
    photo81251.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 26