• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

cz452 build questions

The_Hoff

Team Swampkatz
Minuteman
Feb 18, 2010
NH, former New Orleans LA
Well after a year or so of using an old jc higgins 22 for my trainer I decided it was time to upgrade to a better trainer. I was able to shoot 762's integral cz452 and it was insanely accurate and extremely well built yet i figured the 452 was out of my price range. while browsing my local gun store today i noticed a cz452 scout. they had recieved it this morning and were informed they would no longer get the 452's instead they would be sent the new 455's so after talkibg with them I talked them down to $325.00 out the door and left with the start to a new project.
Now I am trying to plan out my build. eventually this will host a suppressor so keeping that in mind durring the build. i do need however to rebarrel with a heavy barrel lobger than the current 16.5". any ideas on barrels and smiths to do the work?
i was thinking 18" heavy bull barrel, threaded, and fluted (either straight or spiral). then new bolt knob, new stock and bed the action, and do a trigger job and smooth up the action. a 20moa base, and optics. anyother ideas, tips, or advice for this build?
I will be heading to the range tomorrow to see how accurate this little rifle is bone stock.

Re: cz452 build questions

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Hoff</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I will be heading to the range tomorrow to see how accurate this little rifle is <span style="color: #FF0000"> bone stick.</span> </div></div>
That was a heck of a buy on that "bone stick" CZ. It will be quite the upgrade and a great trainer.

Hoff do a quic search on here for additions to your CZ452. THe Manners stock is going to be a must!! Also I believe Hooper does a bottom metal for it!! Liljamakes excellent barrels for it, and I think Rimfire Technolgies had a rail that will work....

It's going to be a money whore, just to let you know ahead of time
smile.gif
Not so much if you leave it stock, but once you start looking into barrel swaps you may realize that you could have just bought an Anschutz and have had a FAR superior rifle. To each his own though.

I would suggest you put a couple thousand rounds through it before you spend money on a barrel you may not need. Have you thought about cutting it back to 16.5 and adding a can (still about 20 inches) and not wasting money on a barrel not needed?

Smooth the action...shoot it, mine is VERY SMOOTH, just from lots of use...didn't need anything fancy done to it, just ammo run though it. Don't waste money on bottom metal, buy a couple of mags and more ammo. It works just fine...

The Manners stock would be nice...
A set of trigger springs or a replacement trigger would be a good use of money, as would the 25moa base from DIP...

Good luck and enjoy the new toy..

Hoff I did my bolt knob on mine and it made it 10x better to shoot

Hoff if you want the suppressed CZ why didnt you go with the integral like Steve's? I'm sure you can still do that if you want, but it will be spendy
smile.gif

i was considering it but if i go integral the can cant be swapped onto my other 22's. I'm going to see how the stock barrel is before i rebarrel but the scout model comes with a 16.5" barrel and has iron sights on the barrel

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MTETM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would suggest you put a couple thousand rounds through it before you spend money on a barrel you may not need. Have you thought about cutting it back to 16.5 and adding a can (still about 20 inches) and not wasting money on a barrel not needed?

Smooth the action...shoot it, mine is VERY SMOOTH, just from lots of use...didn't need anything fancy done to it, just ammo run though it. Don't waste money on bottom metal, buy a couple of mags and more ammo. It works just fine...

The Manners stock would be nice...
A set of trigger springs or a replacement trigger would be a good use of money, as would the 25moa base from DIP...

Good luck and enjoy the new toy..
</div></div>

^^^^ what this guy said. I have a cz452 American that came with the 16.5 barrel. All I have done is bought the 25 moa rail, thread adapter, scope and rings. Czs are really good out of the box. I bought an adjustable sear from DIP that I still haven't put in because I can't see the point too my trigger is GREAT right out of the box. I would say shoot a few thousand rounds out of it then make the choice to upgrade it. That is unless you just like spending you money on upgrades.

It would be silly to replace the barrel and even more silly to spend money spiral fluting it, or fluting it at all. Buy a good stock and trigger and call it a day.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mnshortdraw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hooper's bottom metal is a must!</div></div>
... As is his bolt knob... Hooper is the man!

The trigger spring pack from DIP is an easy way to get a nice light trigger pull. I got my bottom metal from him also, but I hear Hooper makes an excellent product as well. Can't go wrong either way.

anyone got a good source for mags? mibe came with the single shit adapter abd needsome 5 and 10 round mags

how is the dip 25moa base?

also any good stock options besides manners, or boyds?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Hoff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">anyone got a good source for mags? mibe came with the single shit adapter abd needsome 5 and 10 round mags

how is the dip 25moa base?

also any good stock options besides manners, or boyds? </div></div>

The Boyd's stock is decent for the price. Dip makes nice stuff too

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Hoff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...also any good stock options besides manners, or boyds?</div></div>
Fuck yeah, McMillan is making the HTG for it... They call it something clever like the HTG22 or something.

M40A22... Here you go:
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...968#Post2997968

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Hoff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how is the dip 25moa base?
</div></div>
I have the DIP 20moa picatinny base and it's worked perfectly fine. EGW makes one without the DIP billboard on the side for a small chunk more $$.

well I took it to the range today and was stunned by its performance. at 25 it was shooting .2-.4" groups at 50 it was shooting .5-.7" groups and at 100 it was shooting 1-1.3"groups. these were shot with cci minimag 40grain roundnose bullets. i threw an old tasco scope i had at the house on it and I cant wait to start working on this rifle!
needs new optics bad, just lighten the trigger and remove a little creep, and a new stock. everything else can wait imho.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Hoff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">terror i am strong willed and always have to make things hard. but i still blame 762 for making me want a suppressed cz lol</div></div>
I totally understand that...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Hoff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">well I took it to the range today and was stunned by its performance. at 25 it was shooting .2-.4" groups at 50 it was shooting .5-.7" groups and at 100 it was shooting 1-1.3"groups. these were shot with cci minimag 40grain roundnose bullets. i threw an old tasco scope i had at the house on it and I cant wait to start working on this rifle!
needs new optics bad, just lighten the trigger and remove a little creep, and a new stock. everything else can wait imho. </div></div>
The Boyd's Tacticool is probably going to be the most bang for the buck. It's a good stock, considering the price but it has weaknesses in the bedding area so just keep that in mind. It's definitely NOT anywhere near comparable to a McMillan or a Manners.

As far as the trigger goes you can either replace the entire unit or just spend a couple bucks and re-work it. Either way you'll probably end up with something satisfactory at the least.

I think you'll love this rifle
smile.gif

I fitted mine with the Boyds Tacticool stock, rattle can paint job, 20 MOA rail and Timmeny trigger. It is nothing to be ashamed of. I'm not sure about the difference in the bedding area of the other stocks. Mine bedded just fine and it does drive tacks with most all ammo.