• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ452 vs CZ455

Stag556

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2017
As a lefty, my only option with CZ is the 452. With all the options and accessories seeming to be geared towards the 455, I'm curious whether the 452 would drop into some of the chassis options for the 455. I'd have to modify the chassis to accept a lefty bolt but I'm more curious as to whether they would be compatible.

Thanks

I am a lefty too, I have a 452. I thought the hole patterns were different 452-455, of course the comparison thread was all photobucket pictures.

I have an email into CZ regarding the question but haven't heard back yet. If they get back to me with a definitive answer, I'll post it. Unless someone here beats them to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0M2Bk3x.jpg

aNOUv4R.jpg

ZJIxDlm.jpg

KQ6Bnhj.jpg

wD6dx59.jpg

NH0Mzcw.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics. Seems the 452 has a third action screw. No dice then.

Reactions: 338dude
The wood screw is the front screw on the 452.

In a chassis, you might be able to get away with drilling the extra hole right behind the mag and be good to go. The two mag wells look really close.

It looks like it's doable. Maybe hit up some of the CZ nuts at rimfire Centra to see if any of them have done it

Any pics of the chassis your looking at? You would have to counter bore the back screw hole to handle the dovetail nut for the 452 also.

455 is a single lug action as they dispensed with second locking lug of the 452 .
Also very agresssive cuts to barrel tenon to make 455 multicaliber are not too conductive to accuracy.
Single action screw on the 452 migth look bad but 50+ years of Czech rimfires and even competition rimfires seemed to get on with that quite well

452 is in all aspects a better rifle ,even tough 455 might look better finished

Attachments

• brllckupsyscz455.gif
    brllckupsyscz455.gif
    37 KB · Views: 1,486
Last edited:
455 is a single lug action as they dispensed with second locking lug of the 452 .
Also very agresssive cuts to barrel tenon to make 455 multicaliber are not too conductive to accuracy.
Single action screw on the 452 migth look bad but 50+ years of Czech rimfires and even competition rimfires seemed to get on with that quite well

452 is in all aspects a better rifle ,even tough 455 might look better finished

The bottom second lug on a 452 is more of a guide then a locking lug. Out of the many I’ve seen in hand, 90+% of them both lugs will not make contact. The face of these lugs are tiny compared to the single lug on the 455. Even with both lugs making contact the 455’s single lug has just a hair more surface area. Point is 452 isn’t better due to this. The action on a 455 is overall more robust then a 452 but is it enough to say it will give an advantage? No. The other aspect that is argued over and over between the two is the method on which the barrel is attached. From the factory, the Barrels on the 455 are not machined to a Precision slip fit. With tolerances stacking, they all fall in specs but not so much ideal for accuracy. When the actions are heat treated things move so not everything is perfect. The 452 has a more solid attachment but these things ain’t Precision fit either. They ain’t truing these things during the barrel fitting process so the point here it’s all luck of the draw with whichever one you choose. The 455 has the advantage if your gonna build off of it. It’s easier and cheaper to do it. The Barrels on both rarely ever slug well and the leades in the Barrels almost always look like they where cut with a butter knife. At the end of the day out of the box these are sporting rifles made to hold enough accuracy to hunt small game. They will do 1/2”-1” out of the box at 50 yards with a impressive fit and finish for the money. The good news is the 455 can be modified to deliver one hole accuracy. It’s takes a custom fitted match barrel but the benefits are the cost, accuracy, and flawless feeding you will get from it. For the cash their is nothing better I know of that will hang with these all around as a tactical trainer.

I was looking at the KRG X-ray chassis. An email from them stated it will not work at all. I'm hoping CZ will eventually release a LH 455.

Vudoo gun works is releasing a LH version of their 22 action later this year but it's quite pricey

I was looking at the KRG X-ray chassis. An email from them stated it will not work at all. I'm hoping CZ will eventually release a LH 455.

Vudoo gun works is releasing a LH version of their 22 action later this year but it's quite pricey

I asked a couple years ago about the lefty 455 as prefits are easy to get. They said no plans. I still want a Stiller XR2500. But.....they said 50 would have to be sold to make a run of them.

I found the pictures of the 455 X-ray chassis, I see now why they said it wouldnt work, but im not totally convinced.....They may have just not wanted to deal with it. It would be nice to see a better picture of under it, It appears that the screw would need to go through near the front of the trigger guard.

Anschutz does lefties as well.
As a seasoned lefthander it's not a big deal to me. I've been shooting wronghanded guns for so long they almost feel right.

• Haha
Reactions: 338dude
Anschutz does lefties as well.
As a seasoned lefthander it's not a big deal to me. I've been shooting wronghanded guns for so long they almost feel right.

I initially tried that but the true lefties just feel so much better. That aside, my main reason for looking for a setup like this is to mimic my PRS rifle and is it for training and 22lr PRS style matches. I could just use a semi auto 22lr but I fee that defeats the purpose

That Vudoo looks awesome.

Another thought.... What about drilling/taping the location for the front screw like the 455? The receivers appear to be very similar with the exception of the screw locations and the dovetail nut for the back screw.

Then if the front screw was drilled and trapped, counter bore for the dove tail nut for the rear. I wonder why that wouldn't work. Not having a center screw doesn't look like it would be determent. Or ditch the dovetail nut and have both holes D/T like the 455.

Im going to look more into D/T like the 455 to be able to use the AICS style magazines in mine. That screw in the middle is what screwed me out of trying those mags.

Last edited:
i have a lh 452 and called MPA and tgey said no way would it work with their comp chassis. so i went with a boyds pro varmint and pillar bedded it. i would love to have a manners to match my dashers, but man thats a lot of dough for a 22 stock. the pro varmint has a similar shape to a t4 or mcmillan but is only about 150 dollars.

im going to rebarrel mine only because of the weight. would like it to be a litle heavier to match my dasher. shoots great though!

Great pics and great info. I have a CZ452 I use in 22BR porter class. They shoot great. I am going to build another Vudoo in lefty to use of .22BR.

I would compare the money to modify and tweak a CZ and see where you are. If only a few hundred off id buy once cry once and get the best. But thats just me

I acquired a CZ452 American NIB last week. Lucky find. Topped it with a Mueller 8-32x-40mm optic today and went early to sight it in. Using Lapua CX it was occasionally impressive. See tgt below from 50y 5sh ea. It is still tight and not broken in. It did not shoot that well all the time. I found the trigger creepy and stiff (is it adjustable?) and the bolt felt rough but tight. While it shoots well many of the groups were much worse. Conditions were calm so I cannot blame the wind and the ammo is a proven commodity as well. It tried some CCI mini-mags too. It shot them to about 1/2-3/4" at 50y. That is as good as the Annie will do with that HV ammo. I think that with the trigger adjusted and smoothed and a few hundred rds thru it to knock off the rough edges, it likely will settle down and be more consistent. Overall, I like it better than the 455. The scope is my 1st Mueller. I would buy another. It is clear and bright, even at max magnification.

Irish

Attachments

• 5sh grp 50y.jpg
    5sh grp 50y.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 352
Reactions: Westcoast308
For what it is worth my wife is a Lefty and I ended up going the route of a Ruger 10 22 and just outfitted it with high end aftermarket parts (Kidd, timney, Victor company). It will hold 1"groups at 100 yards which is good enough for me.

I just picked up a new cz 452. Also a lefty here, I had owned a 455 in right hand and did enjoy that rifle. I'm hoping I can figure out a good chassis system, but it does look like not much is available. I'm considering just slapping an arca rail on it and adding some lead to the stock for weight. Jury is still out on accuracy, but if it shoots, I will deal with its short comings. If you can afford the vudoo, then it's a no brainer. This rifle will atleast get my feet wet in the .22 matchs into area.

I saw EGW makes a scope mount for the 452. $130 for a left handed model. What are you guys using for a scope mount. I just picked up a LH 452.

I was squirrel hunting with my 452 this year and the 8-32x was too much scope for that app. I needed it anyway for a center fire rig I was working on. Took a Hawke 4-16x optic off of another rifle and mounted it onto the CZ. I was a much better choice. The Hawke is a very nice scope and for the money a bargain. I have been using the same Lapua CX ammo for hunting and it is working fairly good. I have only bagged about three with it but those I have hit were dead. The little CZ is light and handy. The safety is stiff and strange to operate. Trigger is not the best but it still shoots good.

I saw EGW makes a scope mount for the 452. $130 for a left handed model. What are you guys using for a scope mount. I just picked up a LH 452.
What's wrong with the 11 mm dovetail? 11 mm dovetail rings are available from just about anyone. BKL makes my favorites.

Last edited:
I was squirrel hunting with my 452 this year and the 8-32x was too much scope for that app. I needed it anyway for a center fire rig I was working on. Took a Hawke 4-16x optic off of another rifle and mounted it onto the CZ. I was a much better choice. The Hawke is a very nice scope and for the money a bargain. I have been using the same Lapua CX ammo for hunting and it is working fairly good. I have only bagged about three with it but those I have hit were dead. The little CZ is light and handy. The safety is stiff and strange to operate. Trigger is not the best but it still shoots good.

You should try a reflex sight on the front dovetail. Aimpoint CompC on mine, thinking of replacing it with a cheap (Holosun or SIG) micro:
1541790479543.png

100 yards prone/sling
1541790385793.png

50 yards from the bench
1541790521897.png

not sure if it'll fit the 452, but i'm using the Area 419 15MOA rail. they also make 30MOA version. A419 has it for $99, but you'll have to add rings.

The European 11 mm rimfire dovetail is universal. Whatever fits one will fit all. That includes the 452, 455, and every other European made rimfire. Yes, the Tikka T1X too.

I was wondering to if the 429 455 mount would work on the 452. I'll have to give the 419 a try on the 452.

I was wondering to if the 429 455 mount would work on the 452. I'll have to give the 419 a try on the 452.
I would at least contact them to check and confirm before purchasing...if possible

DIP Products has rails, springs, etc for the 452, both 11mm and 3/8" dovetails. A little cheaper than EGW, although I get parts form both companies and enjoy their offerings.

Reactions: naturerancher
As a lefty, my only option with CZ is the 452. With all the options and accessories seeming to be geared towards the 455, I'm curious whether the 452 would drop into some of the chassis options for the 455. I'd have to modify the chassis to accept a lefty bolt but I'm more curious as to whether they would be compatible.

Thanks
I haven’t found a good option for 452 lefty stocks. I ended up bucking up for a vudoo barreled action.

The Boyds AT One lefty stock seems like it is going to work nicely for the 452. I got it mounted up last night. I'm hoping to get it out to the range this week.

The European 11 mm rimfire dovetail is universal. Whatever fits one will fit all. That includes the 452, 455, and every other European made rimfire. Yes, the Tikka T1X too.
I just picked up a used Area 419 scope rail for the CZ 455 to try on my CZ 452. The dovetail on the 452 is NOT the same as the 455. The Area 419 rail for the CZ455 does not fit the 452. I guess I'll have to give the EGW a try.

The Area 419 rail for the CZ455 does not fit the 452.
Proves nothing since I bet Area 419 does not have access to the 11 mm dovetail drawings with dimensions and tolerances; and instead measured a couple of samples of the 11 mm dovetail to reverse engineer it into their rail.

When you do that, you inevitably are going to find that your part doesn't fit everywhere it should because you have no idea where the samples you measured were in relation to dimensional tolerances.

The bottom second lug on a 452 is more of a guide then a locking lug. Out of the many I’ve seen in hand, 90+% of them both lugs will not make contact. The face of these lugs are tiny compared to the single lug on the 455. Even with both lugs making contact the 455’s single lug has just a hair more surface area. Point is 452 isn’t better due to this. The action on a 455 is overall more robust then a 452 but is it enough to say it will give an advantage? No. The other aspect that is argued over and over between the two is the method on which the barrel is attached. From the factory, the Barrels on the 455 are not machined to a Precision slip fit. With tolerances stacking, they all fall in specs but not so much ideal for accuracy. When the actions are heat treated things move so not everything is perfect. The 452 has a more solid attachment but these things ain’t Precision fit either. They ain’t truing these things during the barrel fitting process so the point here it’s all luck of the draw with whichever one you choose. The 455 has the advantage if your gonna build off of it. It’s easier and cheaper to do it. The Barrels on both rarely ever slug well and the leades in the Barrels almost always look like they where cut with a butter knife. At the end of the day out of the box these are sporting rifles made to hold enough accuracy to hunt small game. They will do 1/2”-1” out of the box at 50 yards with a impressive fit and finish for the money. The good news is the 455 can be modified to deliver one hole accuracy. It’s takes a custom fitted match barrel but the benefits are the cost, accuracy, and flawless feeding you will get from it. For the cash their is nothing better I know of that will hang with these all around as a tactical trainer.
I. Like the 455

Proves nothing since I bet Area 419 does not have access to the 11 mm dovetail drawings with dimensions and tolerances; and instead measured a couple of samples of the 11 mm dovetail to reverse engineer it into their rail.

When you do that, you inevitably are going to find that your part doesn't fit everywhere it should because you have no idea where the samples you measured were in relation to dimensional tolerances.
The rail on my CZ 452 is not 11mm it is 3/8. I noticed that EGW makes a 3/8 and 11mm Rail for the 452. There must be variations in the dovetail, hence EGW making two different variations for the CZ 452.

The rail on my CZ 452 is not 11mm it is 3/8. I noticed that EGW makes a 3/8 and 11mm Rail for the 452. There must be variations in the dovetail, hence EGW making two different variations for the CZ 452.
CZ stupidly made the 452 and 453 American and certain calibers of the other 452 and 453 models with 3/8" US standard rimfire dovetails.

They fixed the problem with the 455 and now 457, where the 11 mm European standard rimfire dovetail is the only one used.

1546877921325.png

Reactions: Cartman
CZ stupidly made the 452 and 453 American and certain calibers of the other 452 and 453 models with 3/8" US standard rimfire dovetails.

They fixed the problem with the 455 and now 457, where the 11 mm European standard rimfire dovetail is the only one used.

View attachment 6999386
Great info. I sure wish they would have made the american in 11mm I really like the Area 419 rail vs the EGW.

Great info. I sure wish they would have made the american in 11mm I really like the Area 419 rail vs the EGW.
I realize this is an old post, but for those in a similar situation, there’s a 2 piece adaptor by (IIRC) UTG on Amazon for like $8 that allows you to go from dovetail to pic. When you tighten your rings, you tighten the adaptor down. It’s simple, but very effective for my 452 American LH with the 3/8” dovetail.

Reactions: *Tavman*
Purchased a 455 American a couple months back for use in "stock class" benchrest. No mods allowed, straight out of the box, and cannot be a target style rifle with bull barrel or custom stocks.

My assumption was - this little 455 would be perfect for this style of competition.

Last edited:
Reactions: Westcoast308
Got me another new CZ455 SS and new 2 stage trigger arrive today. I really love the 455 as i can get a lot of upgrades on this model.My new CZ455 SS is now in my dealer here.I bought it for a very good price now,as they are facing out in the market but I REALLY LOVE DO THE CZ455 MORE UPGRADE AVAILABLE.This is one of them.....
2 stage trigger set it to 4oz. first stage and 4oz. 2nd stage.

Attachments

• DSC02239.JPG
    DSC02239.JPG
    788.4 KB · Views: 411