• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ455 Chassis first session

Multiaxis

Private
Minuteman
Apr 25, 2017
My boy wants to shoot in the local rimfire matches. I ordered a Rigid Alloy Chassis and installed his CZ455 scout. Headed out to the desert and set up some targets. I fired a few shots to zero and it was a little more than an inch high and right. Quick adjustment and handed it off to him. Didn't take long and he was shooting some impressive groups at 50 and 100 yards with SK PM. Switched over to FGMM and stretched it out to just over 300 yards. 6" steel plate at that distance was not much of a challenge, after a few shots to get his hold over. Rigged with plastic cheap AR furniture and an old cheap optic I am really impressed with this set up. Now the fun part of ordering parts to actually make something that resembles a precision rimfire for him to compete with.

The CZ455 is an incredibly accurate rifle. I set one up suppressed as a trainer and find myself shooting it quite a lot. I've been looking at the chassis offered by MPA and XLR Evolution and thinking about throwing one of those on the rifle. My son and I have been running Tenex ammo at 1018 fps. We had to fiddle with the BC in our Kestrel but finally settle on 0.190. It's amazing how much wind calling you can practice between 300-400 yrds with a .22
Let us know how the final build turns out.

I've got a 455 in a PDC Custom Gen4 Competition chassis, and I have been really happy with it. I've pushed mine to 500 yards for fun, but it's amazingly consistent at 200-300 yards for positional practice for PRS-type matches.

Reactions: wtmyers