• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ455 DIP 25 MOA rail install?

rjacobs

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Mar 10, 2013
    Finally home after 2 weeks away and went to install the DIP 25 MOA extended rail on my CZ455. 19017 was the part number I ordered.

Is this normal to have ~1/4" of dovetail showing at the back of the rail/receiver? All the pictures I see dont look like this.

Rail is installed correctly(sloping towards front of receiver), ejection port is lined up pretty good, extended off the front nicely.

It just seems that this 1/4" gap at the back shouldnt be there.

Im planning to call DIP in an hour when they open and ask them.

If its normal, I will torque down and rock on, if not ill be getting a replacement.

This is the overall lineup of the rail with the ejection port which looks good to me.

I had the same issue...eventually replaced it with a stainless steel one from Murphy Precision.

yes mine is the same way

thanks.

I had the same issue...eventually replaced it with a stainless steel one from Murphy Precision.

I guess I wont say its an "issue" it just doesnt look right. I mean they could have cut the thing a little bit longer to make it "look" right and cost maybe another 2c. But as somebody pointed out in another thread the same base works on 3 different guns.

Do the 452's have a shorter receiver?

I installed it since its been confirmed its the correct way for it to "look". Im more a form over function guy, but this is just a little off to me.

So what did DIP say? Is that normal? I'm planning to order a punch of stuff from them for my 455. It won't affect the function but I don't like the looks