• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cz455 trigger-Timney or Rifle Basix

Kamkaze

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2013
Texas
I was I want to upgrade my sons 455 PT trigger and I’ve been looking at both the Tunney and Rifle Basix. Which do you prefer and why? Thanks in advance!

While I have Timney's on other rifles, did not want on my .22 because will not go below 2 lbs. Rifle Basix performance can be achieved with a $25 Yo Dave kit. Another contender is CZ Fly Trigger, can go from appx 6 oz to 2 lbs. Can adjust as a single or two stage.

While I have Timney's on other rifles, did not want on my .22 because will not go below 2 lbs. Rifle Basix performance can be achieved with a $25 Yo Dave kit. Another contender is CZ Fly Trigger, can go from appx 6 oz to 2 lbs. Can adjust as a single or two stage.

Thank you I was familiar with the yo Dave and was thinking of trying it, I need to check out the cz fly trigger.

I was trying to make the same decision for my CZ a few months ago. Since the Yo Dave kit was so economical I decided to try it out first, glad I did, it worked out great for me!
DW

I've tried the spring and shim trigger modifications.
They work quite well at minimum expense.
I also tried the Rifle Basix on my 455 Varmint.
Installation was easy and full instructions were included.

nIsCJxa_FugJDGRzHcugklhOFKyi2beVmHT680gyrb0hbz8hCFdLCIVdfECqkUvVdtBQ0wDE7rToJSvaFg=w420-h440

1-lSQddKs9LaPdpqLG3ZREg-uL1vv7RQktPYKxAjaR3EjWVA2eFakXiMUWsD-zMI9rDrCt3cXLqEV1m7JA=w770-h440

Punched out the pins on the factory trigger

ZT7ayM7fKwapAqHJ0qv5Hus4qHUsBVM54IjzgvjgN826NdEn4Um6xRV_HTlkAbrYANo3JUQssoVsWzaJQg=w355-h220

Installed the Basix

D0T9YxriT7Or5h2TT9_LbrzhvvAO6ZtSRv0AeWNFYf0KXKuzfL0lnreWnDQScQYSz9p00dhCL2zJJqhPWQ=w500-h440

Tested the pull using my redneck pull gauge

EroOkY-dxYQpHlc4h1oALMeG9K-y1my2u_2SJ4shV20guwv7t9OXklYVS78dNnZL5olHsvNnXcAKodf1pg=w392-h440

You end up with a fully adjustable trigger for both sear engagement and pull load.
I've set it at 3.5 lbs for field carry and as low as 4 ounces for bench use.
4 ounces is scary sensitive and found that I do better when set at 12 ounces.

Ended up trading it for a factory 455 single set trigger.