• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cz455

Northfl

Keepin the lights on
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2018
Jax fl
I am planning on starting to shoot some nrl /prs 22 comps. Thing is i have never even thought about shooting 22 comp. i have a cz455 in a mpa chassis that i picked up from a buddy of mine.
any idea on what ammo to shoot from it to start out.
i have a shit ton of 22 long rifle but in my readings i am finding that most folks are shooting subsonic ammo to stay away from the supersonic to sub sonic transition.
any info is appreciated

I am planning on starting to shoot some nrl /prs 22 comps. Thing is i have never even thought about shooting 22 comp. i have a cz455 in a mpa chassis that i picked up from a buddy of mine.
any idea on what ammo to shoot from it to start out.
i have a shit ton of 22 long rifle but in my readings i am finding that most folks are shooting subsonic ammo to stay away from the supersonic to sub sonic transition.
any info is appreciated
I like CCI standard, it will probably stay subsonic in your 455 unless it is very cold. CCI shots 1/2 MOA in my 455. Another good one is SK standard plus. Avoid copper washed bullets. Good luck and have fun!

Last edited:
Reactions: Northfl
You are better off with a match grade ammo but it hard to find now. If you have a fair amount of one already on hand as long as it will hold around 1 MOA you can work your dope on that and get started.

Once you start running low hopefully ammo will be more available and you can test some. Lupua and SK seem the most popular but Federal, Eley & RWS all make match grade ammo. From that point its personal preference balancing budget , availability & performance.

Reactions: Northfl
At what distance do you guys suggest zeroing??

Folks avoid Hi-V 22lr, not because of the transition from super-sonic to sub-sonic.
They avoid Hi-V 22lr because it's poorly made ammunition. Dents, dings, poor seating,
inconsistent crimp, inconsistent primer amounts, damaged bullet heels
and bullet material compressed down past the crimp onto the brass,
along with large muzzle velocity differences means unpredictable trajectories.
Especially at longer distances. :(

Do you really think cartridges that look like this will produce consistent results?

ACtC-3dkpp9nXFRz0RsHDiXoIORx1gSOMf97VSOg4sgbjykJ70jSSbf1ke-9JdeiM8BdbJrrZsQglQ8tn8RSBbShcU6kj8_wXD7keOGKN76x3SV-ykuFN-9XKYYz9DcMbeMUofON93CLcNPVCgpxvYAISjVE=w977-h597-no

Other than consistently poor? ;)

Zero at 50 yards, and with the ammo shortages any standard velocity that you have it fine for now.

Match ammo is out there, but not cheap. So it depends on if you want to pony up the money. SK Match seems to do well in my 457.

Reactions: 338dude
My 455's don't care what the label on the box reads.
Feed 'em well made cartridges with tight muzzle velocities, they produce good results.
Feed 'em low quality 22lr with visible defects and sloppy mv's, you get an animal shelter...strays everywhere.

I ordered up some lapua stuff to try and see what it does. Thanks for the input fellas

Ammo velocity doesn't give you accuracy.

Just try different brands and see what it likes. My CZ shoot well with Eley specifically.

A lot of people also have luck with SK ...