• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cz457 KRG Bravo MagWell / Magazine Options

nhdeadhead

Felony Farmer
Minuteman
Jul 27, 2020
Finally getting frustrated with the Bravo’s open magwell and starting to regret not going with a different chasis. I don’t know why but the curved mags just annoy me in a bolt gun and having to fumble to seat the magazine due to the overly large opening is starting to wear on my patience. Some times I literally have to roll the rifle on its side so I can seat the magazine properly. I see a few companies make a mag well filler for around $30…. Are they worth it and does it resolve the issue? I’m baffled that krg doesnt either include that piece or alter their design so it’s not needed. Are there any other mags that would work with the 457 action other than stock mags? The rifle shoots great for what it is but I’m starting to ponder about either changing chasis’ or upgrading to a vudoo.

This is what I am using. No problems with seating magazine

Here’s another option …

Reactions: Jgunner
Has anyone compared these two. Preferences, dislikes, etc?

Thanks

Dave

I have a Vudoo V-22 on the way. Just saw this on the KRG site that they "do not guarantee the proper function of Vudoo V22 or Bergara B-14r (rimfire) magazines in our chassis. It may be necessary to install and fit our Extended Mag Catch for proper feeding."

I was planning to use my Bravo, but now I'm not sure. Anybody try this with their Vudoo in a KRG Bravo or Whiskey 3? I assume the CZ455/457 is for the CZ action/mags only?

I've been running a Bravo with one of my Vudoo's for two years with zero issue. I also installed the Vision fore end and have had no issues. I'm switching to the JP Rifles APAC for the folding stock capability but do recommend the Bravo when asked.

I ran a b14r in a krg w3 and bravo with no issues. I have a bravo ready for a 457 as soon as the mtr is avaliable again.

I have a Vudoo 360 in a whiskey 3. The forend mag well has maybe 3/16” of travel. Loosen the forend and push it towards the rear until it’s snug against your magazine. Make sure the three slides on the front of the mag well are flush or past the mag well of the chassis. I’m pointing at it with the green pen. That could cause your mag to hang up if not adjusted correctly.

I would buy the extended mag catch to have on hand just in case. After your mags get broke in, you might find it more reliable. I noticed when I dropped the Vudoo in my other w-3 with the extended mag catch set up for my 6.5 with AW mags, it tightened up the slop of the mag well.

Hope this helps someone.

Attachments

• 7BADC208-CEAD-4200-B0EF-BD745653D7D0.jpeg
    7BADC208-CEAD-4200-B0EF-BD745653D7D0.jpeg
    330.7 KB · Views: 64
I have a Vudoo 360 in a whiskey 3. The forend mag well has maybe 3/16” of travel. Loosen the forend and push it towards the rear until it’s snug against your magazine. Make sure the three slides on the front of the mag well are flush or past the mag well of the chassis. I’m pointing at it with the green pen. That could cause your mag to hang up if not adjusted correctly.

I would buy the extended mag catch to have on hand just in case. After your mags get broke in, you might find it more reliable. I noticed when I dropped the Vudoo in my other w-3 with the extended mag catch set up for my 6.5 with AW mags, it tightened up the slop of the mag well.

Hope this helps someone.
Thanks, i'll give it a go.

I have a Vudoo V-22 on the way. Just saw this on the KRG site that they "do not guarantee the proper function of Vudoo V22 or Bergara B-14r (rimfire) magazines in our chassis. It may be necessary to install and fit our Extended Mag Catch for proper feeding."

I was planning to use my Bravo, but now I'm not sure. Anybody try this with their Vudoo in a KRG Bravo or Whiskey 3? I assume the CZ455/457 is for the CZ action/mags only?

Just try it. I had zero issues, but I can create an issue by pushing the mag into a barricade. So a simple barricade stop keeps it from ever becoming an issue.

If you need you can get the longer latch and file it down to fit. It's not a big deal.