• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Re: cz550

the rifle is a cz550 varmint kevlar .308 win.i want to know if its a good platform to have barreled for maybe fclass

it still may work but it has a 1000 rounds through it and if i can get a little more dependable accurcy with a new barrel it will be cheaper then a new custom rifle.i have gotten a good price estimate from bob white in n.j.

I have the exact same rifle and I LOVE the set trigger. I don't think 1000rnds is anywhere near the end of the barrel life. In handloader magazine, there was an article on developing an accurate .308 load. The author bought a brand new SAKO TRG42 to use for the test. He tested the accuracy at the beginning of the test and just for S&G check it again at the end with the same lot of 168gr FGGM ammo. After 3000+ rounds the rifle shot better than when it was brand new. The SAKO has a hammer forged barrel just like your CZ550.

If you don't have a lot of experience in match shooting I would try the rifle as it is, first. 1000 rounds thru a 308 is nothing. Get your feet wet by shooting a match, and see if you think the gun is holding you back, or your doping skills. Meybe then think about a barrel.