• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Czech AR15 SBR

ds

Private
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2005
Prague, Czech Republic
I wanted a new toy for my range. I have stayed away from an AR15 in the past – all monkey metal and plastic, well it is true but on the other hand it is also like meccano for big kids – build it the way you want. I decided I wanted a short barrel, in this case 10.5” and it may as well be piston driven to help the short barrel and keep it clean.
DSCN0168.jpg
[/img]

What fit the bill was a PAR MK1 in .223 Rem – Czech built piston driven AR15. The pics show the similarities between it and a HK416. The Proarms better suited my needs, barrel length that I wanted (barrel is Lothar Walther, heavy, fluted) and AR15 spec lower – easy upper changes and after market bits and a piston that does not have the HK rep for bending.
DSCN0169.jpg
[/img]

Factory spec includes the 1 piece picatinny fore rail, Lothar Walther barrel, CAA collapse able stock, tritium / fibre BUIS. I added the Surefire x200b, bipod grip, Branson compensator and a Jewell trigger and a set of rail covers. Mags are P mags – its semi-auto, had it been full auto that would have been more fun and mags would have been Beta`s.

Factory barrel length options go out to 18” I think but I went short compact – the length won’t affect accuracy (unless we want to get into the semantic of muzzle pressure v stiffness v tune ability etc) but in effect a short barrel affects velocity not accuracy.
DSCN0171.jpg
[/img]

Optic is a USO sn12s, but will be replaced with a USO 1.8-10x37 when it arrives.

The idea behind the rifle was a do-it-all from 2m to 200m, we run some “biathlon” type comps at my range – think cross country with a bit of crawling through, over or under things with shooting during the circuits.

I may do a range report on it when the new USO is on it and I have had a chance to do a night shoot or two with it. At the moment though I can say that I am impressed with the quality and fit of components………I should have done it years ago.