• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

D-760 Vrs newer thermal scopes or clip ons

captdan

Private
Minuteman
May 9, 2009
Gents, I do some night shooting now and then and have a nice but older D-760 6x night scope. I'm looking at the clip on thermal scopes such as the Pulsar FXG50 and AGM various types. Can anyone give me some insight into what these newer thermals can do better than my D-760? I realize thermal is vastly different, but just how much better for $3K to $5K are we talking about. I've got hits out to 400 yards and decent clarity at that range with the D-760 along with a good infrared light.
So, anyone with experience with both I'd enjoy hearing a good impartial view. I've googled the match up between a D-760 and ( anything else) and there just aren't any decent comparisons that I can locate. I do see D-760s for sale just like mine for upwards of $6k, so I guess they are still holding their own.

Thanks, ...!