• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

D&H 6.5 Creedmoor magazines

sniper79_98

Private
Minuteman
Nov 1, 2009
USA
Good evening,

I’m looking for some metal magazines for my Aero AR-10 chambered in 6.5CM. I have elander mags but am wanting a few ten rounders. Does anyone know how well the D&H mags function in an Aero lower/upper combo in 6.5? I have a few C-Products Defense mags that look good but that’s all they do lol. I’ve read they work great in an Armalite pattern rifle.

Thanks!

All my D&H mags work great in my PSA Gen II's. Both 6.5CM and 308.

I do take them apart and clean the interior, then lube them with DriFilm spray.

Others haven't had as much success... I strong suggest you buy 1 of each type and try them in your Aero.

The lack of a Mil-Spec guideline for large frame AR's leads to variances.

FWIW, lots of people have C-Products mags work fine, they didn't for me and mine.

Nice. I think I’ll probably do exactly that. Id read the same thing about CPD trying to make an informed decision. Now… if I can find D&H and ASC in stock at the same place I’ll grab them lol.

There’s a guy over on arfcom that has 10rd KAC’s pretty cheap. They’re the best 10 rounds your can get and have a lot of room for OAL.

Yeah, I’ve seen them. 65 each used I think. I’d like two new ASC or D&H for that. I know they’re the best but mine won’t leave a bench.

Duramags work great in Aero, Seekins, and Daniel Defense large frame lowers. Same for Pmags although these restrict OAL. Elanders not so much unless you push up on them. Elander mags suck so stay away. I have only used D&H 556 mags and like them but have never used the large frame variety.

The three duramags I’ve got don’t work at all I. My aero. All of them have a bolt over cartridge malfunction. The bolt pushes my tips into the feed ramps by dragging the over the casing about midway down it. If there’s an exception… I’m it most times.

Reactions: wade2big
The three duramags I’ve got don’t work at all I. My aero. All of them have a bolt over cartridge malfunction. The bolt pushes my tips into the feed ramps by dragging the over the casing about midway down it. If there’s an exception… I’m it most times.
Weird stuff. Thats the problem I had with elander mags. My dpms style mags (don’t know the brand) and the duramags which are nearly identical have been flawless in all three lowers.

Which mags worked for that lower?

My ELander and Pmags work fine lol. So far just the CPD are having issues and I’m not sure what would cause the bolt to not strip the round out of the mag.

Not totally metal but feedlips are hardened stainless. Work very well for me. Black are the only ones I have hands-on exp. with.

Last edited:
My ELander and Pmags work fine lol. So far just the CPD are having issues and I’m not sure what would cause the bolt to not strip the round out of the mag.
Sounds about right. LOL.
I bet if you push up on the magazine while firing or hand cycling they will feed.