• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

D&L Sports ITRC match in Gillette, WY in August

DarinR

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 18, 2007
Haysville, Kansas
Is anyone familiar with this match? I plan to visit a friend in Yankton, SD and he would like to drive over and watch part of this match. I think this might be fun and a good learning experience. Neither one of us has attended a match like this.

Please share any thoughts the match and if you have attended it before, would a spectator be able to see much and benefit from going?

Thanks for your input!!

Thanks,
Darin Reiss
FFL/SOT in Haysville, KS

Re: D&L Sports ITRC match in Gillette, WY in August

I don't know what the plans are for this year, but if you are going to watch get ready to DRIVE.

The COF's are spread out over the whole north western side of WY-It takes 30-45 minutes to get from Gilette to the SATA, or whatever it is called now-Shooters will shoot 1 course per day and departure times will be given out for shooters (teams)-The courses will last as long a 45 minutes to 1.5 hrs, then they are done for the day.

This match is not really a venue for viewing, like others at an established range.

What I can tell you your guns will get HOT and ammo will fly.

-J

Thanks Guys,

I got the impression from the website information that the event isn't really designed for any spectators.

Thanks,
Darin

Darin

I think if you were persistent you could find a way to either follow one of the teams or maybe an r.o. during one of the stages. True, it's not like a conventional match and things can move pretty quickly, but for a good education watching what's needed for a team to do well, this is a hard match to beat.

Rory

Sounds like I better start working out!!