• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision D760 setup- MOD Armory- now w/pics!

LawDog101

Private
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2010
Here are the pics that go with my review below.

Setup is 16" Stag 1/7 upper. Nothing special. Lower is Spikes Tactical. Again, nothing special. The only modification I made was to sand down the upper handguard to get the lens cover on more easily. Having my YHM quad-rail milled for clearance and it will be installed next.

IMG_1729-1.jpg

Note the mount is not factory night optics. Hunter and crew got me this one to test and it is awesome. It allows the 760 to be moved closer to your face for less fatigue. The Night Optics mount was not adjustable. Fit and finish of the mount was as good as anything I have seen from other top quality mfr.

IMG_1731.jpg

Mount is lighter and does away with the extra clamp on the Night Optics mount. Sweet.

Review:

After reading many posts and a review of the options, a new D760 from MOD arrived at my door a few weeks ago. I also purchased one of their pic rails for IR illumination.

Want to specifically thank Camille and Hunter for responding to my emails and handling their business in a very professional manner. I will be shopping with them again in the future.

As for the 760, this thing is awesome. Easy to use controls for the reticle, gain, and focus make it very simple for this novice to get setup on the AR. It was recommended that i get the adjustable gain and i am glad i did. You can really control the brightness so you dont have the max brightness all the time.

Accuracy is awesome. I hammered a porcupine at 160y with no problem. Cant wait to keep getting used to it. Will post pics later.

Thanks again MOD.

LD

Re: First Night Vision- Thanks MOD Armory!

Congrats!! I had a D740 and loved it. I have also dealt with MOD Armory and I will second that both Hunter and Camille are great to work with. They are very helpful and offer great customer service.

Sorry about the pics being upside down. Photobucket was not cooperating today.

LD

So with that mount it looks like you can't use it with anything but modded GI handguards. Is that actually the case or am I just misjudging the pictures?

With both the standard Night Optics mount as well as the new mount, the scope objective clears without a problem. The issue is with the lens cover. It is a thick rubber cover that does an awesome job of protecting the lens but is difficult to remove easily (with either mount) without modification to the GI handguard. Since GI handguards are cheap, I figured a little dremel work couldn't hurt.

My YHM rail is headed to the machinist to get a chunk of the top rail milled off to clear everything. I tried it with a riser, but it took a chin weld for it to work well.

What would work without any problems is a smooth rail from YHM.

LD