• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors DA Wolfman Q’s

sawgunner2001

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 25, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Expecting approval of a DA Wolfman in the coming weeks. Primary duty will be on a PTR9 via 3-lug.

However, am curious about 300BO. Can it handle moderate subsonic duty (1000-3000 rounds per year) attached via 3-lug? Not necessarily mag dumps, but definitely rapid 3-5 round strings of fire. All semi-auto.

Secondly, I know DA recommends the micro-brake for supersonic 300BO. The only time I shoot supers is in zeroing for deer season and for deer hunting (roughly 50 rounds/year, including load development, all slow deliberate fire). Would the suppressor withstand this mild amount of supersonic use attached via 3-lug?

Or should I just leave my 300BO with the existing ASR flash hider and continue using my Specwar 762?

The website says you MUST use the keymo micro brake with supersonic rifle rounds, semi auto only. I’d not risk it if I had another solution, which it seems you do.

Apparently, the brake requirement was just a suggestion. I noticed Area419 had a Hellfire mount for the Wolfman and that it didn't have the any kind of baffle on it (like the Crux mount). I send an e-mail to DA and asked if the brake was still a requirement for supersonic rounds. They replied: "It is not required. Use whatever muzzle device you'd like." and "It was never really a "requirement" it was more of a recommendation. It never impacted the warranty so it is nothing to worry about."

The Wolfman is awesome with 300 BO, especially subs. Tons of guys use it for 300BO more so than what it was designed for - 9mm!

I'm not sure why people tend to think the Wolfman is a delicate can. It's made of 17-4 stainless, like 75% of the other rifle cans on the market. It isn't much different from the Primal, and that can is designed to shoot dang near any rifle cartridge.

Reactions: 91Eunozs
300BLK is ok through the Wolfman, I use mine all the time on various 300BLK uppers, but not with the 3-Lug mount…

You might (might) get away with it with subsonic ammo, but not supers. Too much energy/recoil, and you’ll almost certainly get a baffle strike, or at least an end cap strike.

It’s pretty easy to swap back and forth between a Keymo and 3-lug adapter on the can though; and I have used mine with a 3-lug mount on some 9mm PCCs with no issues. Again, the 3-lug mount itself is the LIMFAC here when shooting rifle caliber rounds, not the can. Also, the Keymo adapter for the Wolfman is different than the ‘regular’ rifle adapters using standard Hub mounts…the pistol adapter is a smaller diameter.

Edit: Just saw this was a thread necro…LoL. Wonder why these old threads keep popping into my feed.

Last edited:
I would be mindful of Dead Air’s current turnaround time on warranty work before doing anything not expressly permissible.

If I recall correctly subsonic 300BLK is not all that different from 9mm in terms of chamber pressures, so I don’t think you have anything to worry about in terms of wear and tear with 300BLK subs.

For the supers, I would stick to their advice and just use the KeyMicro, personally.