• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

"Daddy! Where are my bullets?"-daughter.

Casey Simpson

Private
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2008
Louisiana
That was my text from my 16y this morning who lives with her mother. She's referring to a box of ammo I bought her last weekend for the S&W 38special revolver I bought her for Christmas. For me its yet another message that I'm in trouble again for forgetting to put something in her bags when she returned home after a weekend visit, but for me as a shooting father, and you guys, the text is a moment of joyous reflection (or warning) that our children do what we do, often, but not always.

Moreover, the text, in this day of debate over guns and gear, summons reality. Reality is our kids, if taught, can handle guns and be very good at it I might add. This girl is damned good with that revolver. KIds are coachable, at least mine is. KIds are not always victims of gun violence, and I wish no one ever was. Our children and we can use training time to bond if we as coaches and parents are patient with them while they learn. Make it about the child, not shooting. Shooting is merely the incidental activity to quality time together. The time could just as well be viewing art or hunting, but for shooting dads training our children to shoot and handle sporting firearms and defense weapons is a time we can both enjoy except when the kid gets close to out-shooting us! But the child has to know we want to spend time with them, not convert them, or make them accept what we like.

Remember the eye and ear protection, and lock the guns up. They might like to show their friends what they've been doing with you at the range without parental supervision!

Anyway, during this time of fear and elevated emotions for us I am happy to share a good news story with you guys (guys means girls too) and let you enjoy it too.

Peace, but don' t stop fighting with Congress.

2n6vjb9.jpg

Re: "Daddy! Where are my bullets?"-daughter.

Kudos to you. I know that is part of the anti-gun tactic. To make "gun" and evil word to our youth, and to legislate so many regulations that it is difficult for us to share our pastime with children. They know we will protest it, but in a generation or two with little positive exposure to guns and shooting sports, the public won't have any problem at all with getting rid of the second amendment all together. This is a good example and a good reminder to share our sport with our youth. Take a kid shooting.

Re: "Daddy! Where are my bullets?"-daughter.

My boys have a box check list for the range that includes safely packing, safety brief(vocal to ME from each of them), and final cleaning of everything they shoot...they HATE shooting the AR now for some reason...must be the shit where I eat gas impenitent system with it's notorious tough to clean parts.
They are aslo very into the Kimber 1911 9mm, as well as my .45, but have been asking about a 10mm because the '9mm is a girl's gun'(THEIR words, I never said jack!)