• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dads 60th birthday gift

300zx_tt

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 18, 2021
South East Pennsylvania
Hey all, my father is turning 60 this year (end of June) and I don’t really know what to get him. We’re both contractors so he has every tool he needs.
When I was 18 and just getting into guns away from what our family owned already he told me stories of a marlin 782 .22 magnum, it was his first gun when he was 12 and he sold it for a car when he was 16. he always regretted that decision. That was the only gun he had an emotional attachment to. So I ended up buying one for his 50th birthday. So I’m not sure a random firearm would be as good of a gift.
I thought about getting a trip for him and my mom, maybe out west, Grand Canyon or something similar but my mom hates flying.
I was also thinking maybe a few 10oz silver bars since he doesn’t have any precious metals but that seems kind of lame.
Anyway I’m looking for something to gift my father that’s about $1000 bucks and I’ve hit a wall... figured I’d turn to the savages on this site for ideas, I’m sure I’ll get 50% fucked up shit from you guys but I’ll take that risk 😂

How about a nice bottle of scotch. with a budget of $1000 you can get a damn good bottle, plus, he might share it with you.

I'd get him the rifle and as much ammo as you can muster. Sure, it's not his old rifle, but he will see the symbolism and that rifle will be destined to become a family heirloom.

By the way, what does a hooker go for these days?

I second to the idea of bottle of scotch
He doesn’t drink lol... he’s been the hardest person to buy a gift for so far in my life. He doesn’t drink, he has every tool/ piece of lawn care equipment known to man. He enjoys guns to an extent. He’d think $1000 bucks for a rifle is insane.

A trip with him to visit someplace he's mentioned in the past that he really loves.

Places are better than things sometimes when your getting older. Revisiting a memory is priceless.

I get my Dad scotch, knives, and time with his grandkids.

We usually take one if the boats out fishing, or go shoot gophers, or whatever random thing is going on

Reactions: Starbuck
A classy HFB with a wood, bone, and jade handle would be badass.
my buddy has one from when they were first starting up. Its darn cool.

Reactions: 65x55guy
He doesn’t drink lol... he’s been the hardest person to buy a gift for so far in my life. He doesn’t drink, he has every tool/ piece of lawn care equipment known to man. He enjoys guns to an extent. He’d think $1000 bucks for a rifle is insane.
That's funny, 70% of the people on this forum think 1K might get you a rifle stock. LOL

An engraved Chris Reeve knife. Google up his website. If your dad served in the military even both of the fixed blade tribute knives are in your budget.

Reactions: Sandhog308
If you can stretch you budget (by a lot), HELICOPTER HOG HUNT!!!
It was $1000 an hour when I went. I wouldn't do less than 2hrs per person. I'm told the best time to go is in the winter months when the pigs can't hide in the tree line, at least in Tx. Not sure if that thinking has shifted over the years.

A nice leather chair. (you might need to stretch that amount). I understand your predicament as I'll be 60 in May (time flies) and I don't need anything.