• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors DAK trigger

Re: DAK trigger

Love it best thing Sig has come out with in a long time. The only reason I own a SAS now!

Shot a 229DAK tonight at the range, holy cow.

Might just have to get the parts to convert my 220 over.

I thought that the frames for the DA/SA-SAO-DAO were different from the DAK frames and couldn't be converted? I might be crazy though....

One of the best designs Sig has ever put on the market. It is the pistol to choose for general issue. Most serious shooters can even stand it long enough to get used to it.

I've run one through some FLETC schools and it is a good system. On balance, the rest of the gun is harder to run at high speed then some other designs, notably the Glock.

It complies with many agency and government requirements for a trigger cocking system. Fairly similar to the DAO system S&W had for their metal frame pistols (3953, et al).

I've been carrying for duty for a little over 2 years and I like their double/single better. The DAK will definitely deliver in the quals on paper but I don't like it when you run the gun hard,,, too much trigger manipulation. Double single for me w/ the sigs or a Glock.

I prefer the new short trigger myself.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SpiritZeroThree</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought that the frames for the DA/SA-SAO-DAO were different from the DAK frames and couldn't be converted? I might be crazy though....</div></div>

Older model frames are different. My P220R Carry frame is identical to the frames on the DAK guns--it can be converted.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AFShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">feelings on it? </div></div>

Either love it or hate it. I hated it. I like the LEM even better than that DAK trigger. However, I am still old fashion so I prefer mine to be DA/SA.

As mentioned the DAK is a good duty gun trigger mechanism. Its not optimum for high speed but is reliable and smooth.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Armed Ferret</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SpiritZeroThree</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought that the frames for the DA/SA-SAO-DAO were different from the DAK frames and couldn't be converted? I might be crazy though....</div></div>

Older model frames are different. My P220R Carry frame is identical to the frames on the DAK guns--it can be converted.</div></div>

Guess I'm not TOO crazy then, thanks for the info

I hated it. I only took 3 range trips with it before giving up on it. But then again, it's not my job to carry for duty.

I found that I disliked the DAK at first (P226 in 357sig), as it seemed to be a change for the worse for me...it was "long and gritty" (I was mentally comparing it to my 1911's), and not clearly two stage (like my glocks), etc. But oddly, it became smoother and smoother throughout the first several hundred rounds and with dryfire practice. I ended up liking it a lot. Now it has between 2800 and 2900 rounds and is very smooth with consistent feel throughout the trigger squeeze which other people shoot and are very impressed. The change (or "break-in period" for lack of a better term) was unexpected and much for the better, but I have since asked at the shop to dryfire other DAK pistols every so often and they do not have the same feel as mine after several hundred rounds did (they felt like it did when it was new) and so in my "N of 1" experience with the DAK, it will be tough to judge on a new sidearm in a store whether you'll like it or not. Hope it is of some help.