• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dakota Arms?

Jakerz

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2008
Statesville, NC
I was at a local store today and they had a Dakota Tactical rifle in 338 Lapua. The fit and finish on this gun was very nice, and it was built on a control round feed action, which I like alot. Have any of you guys had experience with this company?

Jake

Re: Dakota Arms?

I've seen them and wanted one but haven't shot one. It is probably the T76 Longbow. Sweet lookin' rifle.

Cool, yes it is a Longbow and its $4995 lol. just wondering cause I've never seen one before.

looking for more info on the Dakota Longbow .338 Lapua. Does anyone have any experience with this rifle? Or the Prairie Gun works .338

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: krm375</div><div class="ubbcode-body">looking for more info on the Dakota Longbow .338 Lapua. Does anyone have any experience with this rifle? Or the Prairie Gun works .338 </div></div>

If you're going to spend that much money on a rifle why not go straight for a AI or GAP? Just a thought.

I have a GAP .308 and I am just looking at some long range rifles, GAP is never far from my view, but thought I would see what the fuss is all about with the PGI And Dakota? I sold my 300 win mag a few years back, and the 338 is definitely an option for a new build.

I had one years ago and I know that A10xrifle (george) has one unless he sold it off when he bought his boat.

At any rate, the one I had functioned great but I could never get it to group better than 1" at 100 yards.
Everything about it was done well as I also had a few other Dakotas that were well made pieces.

If I recall correctly Marty of Badger Ordance helped with the design of the rifle and the initial build. He then left Dakota and the project and thats when the not so good stuff happened.

The longbow in my opinion is a great factory build concept that yieled ok results. Why, I don't know exactly. Was it QC at Dakota, was it design... I don't know nor will I speculate. All I know was that my gun was a 1" at best gun. For the price tag I paid I expected more. But this gun came out when it was unheard of to have a .338 built on a 700 and your options were limited as to others.

I think the Longbow has seen it's day, though if it could be had at the right price it may be worth the effort.
$5K is NOT the right price.

Opinions will very, this is just mine.