• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft damn glasses fogging up???

wksinatl

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 30, 2001
Atlanta, Ga
With all of the heat and humidity here in Georgia, shooting glasses are hard to keep clear. I've researched it and found a couple of products but can't find anyone who has actually used them.

What are you guys using?

thanks,
Keith

Re: damn glasses fogging up???

No applied solution, IMO, actually works well. I tried cat crap and practically every other suggested brand out there. Nada. The trick is in getting different shaped glasses.

Essentially what happens in hot weather is really bad fogging and sweat where the top frame of the glasses meets your forehead, *especially* when shooting prone. No amount of anti fog spray, coatings, or vents really help this (believe me, I've tried.) I've seen others with normal shaped sunglasses or shooting glasses frequently have this problem too.

You may wanna look at the "high bridge" style like Decots, which is what I finally went with for all my shooting (from indoor pistol to outdoor prone and highpower).

They are built to remedy exactly this problem. They have a physical bridge between the top frame and your forehead, giving ample clearance, and also have an elevation-adjustable nosepiece to raise the glass center higher on your head. Will you win the "Most Xtreme Tactical Motherfucker!" award? Probably not. But they did solve my problem and are very clear.

Good luck!

Re: damn glasses fogging up???

Rain x used to make an anti fog that I have used on my watercraft goggles. My mom was a Dental hygienist and they use it on the outside of their glasses. Worked for me.