• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Damn it damn it damn it so close.

mountainman308

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2012
WV, USA
I was on my way home, about to purchase a new gun off of gunbroker and the check engine light comes on..... I swing by my mechanic to have him check it and he says "transmission solenoid seems to be malfunctioning." I haven't had my car for three months yet. Damn it all, new gun's going to have to wait a while I guess. I get the official diagnosis tomorrow morning. Damn it all.

How bad could this get? its a 2011 Dodge charger with 52,000 and change miles on it.

Wait, a Dodge with an Automatic Transmission problem? Nah, it can't be.... :D

Are you still under factory powertrain warranty? aren't Dodges like 5yr/100k or something like that? if so, don't sweat it... they should provide you with a rental.

EDIT:
1AA5FEA4-B3B5-46BA-96F8-9F04E9CFDF49_zpsfvhbqxga.jpg

Bam!

Last edited:
I am the second owner. I don't know if that voids the warranty or not. I hope it is still covered. It would be nice to not have my earmarked savings go to car repair.

It absolutely does NOT void the Warranty, and do NOT believe otherwise.

The Factory Warranty is good for 5 yrs, or 100k miles, whichever comes first. Doesn't matter if you're the first, or fourth owner. Goto the Local Dodge Stealership and Git'r done ;)

You should be put in either a Loaner Car from the dealer or Dodge will pay for a Rental Car from Enterprise or Hertz or the like.

None of it should cost you a Dime.

Confirmed its a transmission torque converter solenoid slip. I have an appointment tomorrow morning for official diagnostic and repair. I'll see what I can find as far as specifics on the warranty. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
The only thing dodge ever did right was market the 5.9 cummins 12 valve. Now they don't even do that, now that the idiots in Washington, D.C. made it illegal.

Don't sweat it, Obamacare covers that. If you like your mechanic you can keep your mechanic, period.