• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Damn! Killer spiders!

Re: Damn! Killer spiders!

That would really suck! I have alot of black widows where I live, but they don't show up in swarms or chase me around!

No more Hindu festivals for me
grin.gif

Come to Florida! While we don't have swarms per se, we do have more than our share of,

The Black Widow,

photogallery-spider-bites-03-full.jpg

The Brown Widow,
id_brown_widow_illustration.jpg

The Brown Recluse,

photogallery-spider-bites-01-full.jpg

And then there are the big bastard Orb types and huntsmen that just scare the crap out of you when you walk into the former's webs or surprise the latter.

I fucking hate spiders. I can handle almost anything else, snakes, lizards, mice, sharks, Monica Lewinsky... but spiders? must... not... scream... like... little... girl...

I dont really have a phobia about spiders, but do kill them when they are in my spaces. I got a brown recluse bite on the ankle as a kid. Bad deal, was really sick for about a week and still have a numb spot on the ankle to this day. I shake out my shoes/boots now, especially if they have been sitting on the porch or in the garage.

Words cannot describe how much I hate spiders. I walk into a web and look like some crazy fuck yelling at who knows what. I hope one of those spiders doesn't catch a ride to the states. It would be like the movie arachnophobia. Fuck that!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Come to Florida! While we don't have swarms per se, we do have more than our share of,

The Black Widow,

photogallery-spider-bites-03-full.jpg

The Brown Widow,
id_brown_widow_illustration.jpg

The Brown Recluse,

photogallery-spider-bites-01-full.jpg

And then there are the big bastard Orb types and huntsmen that just scare the crap out of you when you walk into the former's webs or surprise the latter. </div></div>We have them too. I have black widows in my kitchen. One time I got in bed and thought I saw a leg poking out from under the covers. I got up and pulled the covers back only to find a huge furry brown spider with eyes. I was so grateful that she didn't bite me on the junk with those visible fangs that I got a little aquarium for her. I would feed her crickets. The funny part was that I had just watched Fangs on the discovery channel before climbing in bed so at first I thought the leg was my imagination and I tried to go back to sleep without checking.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArmchairElite</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body"></div></div>We have them too. I have black widows in my kitchen. One time I got in bed and thought I saw a leg poking out from under the covers. I got up and pulled the covers back only to find a huge furry brown spider with eyes. I was so grateful that she didn't bite me on the junk with those visible fangs that I got a little aquarium for her. I would feed her crickets. The funny part was that I had just watched Fangs on the discovery channel before climbing in bed so at first I thought the leg was my imagination and I tried to go back to sleep without checking.</div></div>
Oh freakin jeez! Thanks a lot!

I hope they come up with something better to do than "spray the town with DDT". I thought that stuff was outlawed years ago here in the states because it was VERY bad for humans.....but it killed the bugs.

There is always some crazy crap going on in India.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jethro3898</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hope they come up with something better to do than "spray the town with DDT". I thought that stuff was outlawed years ago here in the states because it was VERY bad for humans.....but it killed the bugs.

</div></div>

It's about time we figure out something to kill off the deer ticks. Lyme disease is a serious threat in the woods.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jethro3898</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hope they come up with something better to do than "spray the town with DDT". I thought that stuff was outlawed years ago here in the states because it was VERY bad for humans.....but it killed the bugs.

</div></div>

It has been conservatively estimated that at least 100,000,000 people have died from insect borne diseases and venom / toxins since DDT was banned. The same assholes who won't even listen to anyone who didn't attend an Ivy League university are so busy patting themselves on the back about this grand achievement that they now can't hear the voices of the dead that are on their hands.

And their answer for the malaria, dengue fever and legions of other illnesses savaging the third world? Mosquito nets...You can't make this shit up!

I remember a few years ago when American Idol ran one of it's insipid campaigns during one season to cajole us all to contribute nets for the millions of people in Africa who need them. I offered to send cans of RAID instead but my offer was refused.

Malathion was another ass kicker that is now banned...

BTW, Raid still works great!

NewsFlash: We're all going to die one day! The saying, "Choose your poison" applies here I believe.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jethro3898</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hope they come up with something better to do than "spray the town with DDT". I thought that stuff was outlawed years ago here in the states because it was VERY bad for humans.....but it killed the bugs.

</div></div>

It has been conservatively estimated that at least 100,000,000 people have died from insect borne diseases and venom / toxins since DDT was banned. The same assholes who won't even listen to anyone who didn't attend an Ivy League university are so busy patting themselves on the back about this grand achievement that they now can't hear the voices of the dead that are on their hands.

And their answer for the malaria, dengue fever and legions of other illnesses savaging the third world? Mosquito nets...You can't make this shit up!

I remember a few years ago when American Idol ran one of it's insipid campaigns during one season to cajole us all to contribute nets for the millions of people in Africa who need them. I offered to send cans of RAID instead but my offer was refused.

Malathion was another ass kicker that is now banned...

BTW, Raid still works great!

NewsFlash: We're all going to die one day! The saying, "Choose your poison" applies here I believe.</div></div> Absofukinlutly right Man. Way more people have died because of the banning of insecticide, that have been saved. Idiots.

What a crock. Just because DDT was banned because of its deleterious effects on birds, which, by the way, account for far more insect deaths than any pesticide ever developed, doesn't mean it shouldn't have been banned because it was more effective than other chemicals of the time.

DDT was a non-selective nuclear solution, when all we need are effective special forces.

Agent Orange the town now, before it's too late.

I used to hate spiders. I mean FUCKIN HATE SPIDERS. Then I got two Tarantulas and they were pretty cool.

The spiders with fur on them I don't mind. The hard-shell ones still freak the fuck outta me.

Used to have a red and black spider, if I recall Black Atilla and Chile Rose. Both were kinda neat and not freaky like house spiders.

Fucking house spiders......

Thanks a lot, Mac. Now I won't be able to sleep at all tonight

.....asshole.........

A brown recluse bit me about 6 years ago and i still have problems to this day from it. Doctors say it will be with me for life.

Strange that DDT is banned for use in this country, but is still manufactured for here, and exported to the "third world", whatever that means.
It was used so extensively here that it affected the birds eggs. Made the shell so thin it would break in the nest.
I think it was Rachel Carson's "Silent Spring " that got it banned.
Used sparingly, it would be safe.

I hate spiders, too. I fear them like most women fear snakes. Unreasoning fear.