• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Damn nice rope work.

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Look at that little line-back dun drag him back over the barricade.
    I think he wanted to get back in. Just like most of us, he looked like he was thinking "Just leave me the fuck alone."

Reactions: MadDuner
    I think he wanted to get back in. Just like most of us, he looked like he was thinking "Just leave me the fuck alone."
    I know. He was thinking "They should put signs." Once he was back in the arena he was fine.

Reactions: Maggot
    Great rope work.

Did you see the 2 kids running and hoping around while the bull was on the outside ring? Onne little girl was having a good time hopping around with her balloon in hand.

Years ago I roped a big ol shorthorn bull for a neighbor. He probably weighed 1200# and was meaner than Cooters Hell. I had the roped tied off to a telephone pole. Once he jerked to a stop I hit him with a 2nd rope but only caught one rear leg. That damn bull pulled my dally so hard it looked like my saddle was one fire it smoked so much. We held him til he quit fighting, then he acted tame as a kitten. The owner put a halter and lead rope on him and walked him back to the barn. I had to put new mulehide wraps on my saddle horn and buy a new rope.

Years ago, my dad had an angus bull that was so mean, unless my dad was around. It would do anything for him after he grabbed the halter. Anyone else try that, they'd be stomped into the ground.

Years ago I roped a big ol shorthorn bull for a neighbor. He probably weighed 1200# and was meaner than Cooters Hell. I had the roped tied off to a telephone pole. Once he jerked to a stop I hit him with a 2nd rope but only caught one rear leg. That damn bull pulled my dally so hard it looked like my saddle was one fire it smoked so much. We held him til he quit fighting, then he acted tame as a kitten. The owner put a halter and lead rope on him and walked him back to the barn. I had to put new mulehide wraps on my saddle horn and buy a new rope.
    Living near the Wichita Game Preserve hear in OK. Ive been near some Bison recently. I'd like to see someone drop a rope around one of them. Better be ready for some action.

There's one big monster bull that looks like a mix of Bison and Longhorn. Wild looking critter, if I see him again Ill get a snapshot.

I saw almost this exact situation happen in high school at an indoor coliseum in Austin transformed into a temporary rodeo arena. Except the arena fence was nothing but a temporary chain link fence.

A big bull named T-10 with some wicked long clown stickers bucked his rider off under 8 seconds and spent the next five minutes prowling the arena looking for some payback. He'd go right up to the chain link and paw the dirt and stare at people a few feet away.

He charged a rider on a little buckskin pony and almost hooked it but that little Spanish dun stayed a half step in front of him just like he was bred for it and kicked the shit out of him but not without that bull leaving a glob of slobber on it's rump.

The rider finally roped him and drug him out. I couldn't believe that little horse, barely 14 hands and weighing under 800 lbs leaning into his chest strap and dragging that big ass bull out out of the arena.

Last edited:
    ^ It's really not impressive to see someone put a rope on a bison... they just choke down- and have a really good chance of dying. Judging by their build you would think they would be a lot harder to handle than a bull- but something about their airway can't take it. And with the position and shape of their horns/head you can't just rope the horns like you can on cattle.

Reactions: JR_77 and Dot3
    5 or 6 of us were riding fence and came across a moose calf that couldn’t get up and out of the river. One guy was ably to get a rope around it and drag it up while the rest of us pushed the cow on off. She won’t real happy but she won’t looking to go up against 4 or 5 folks horseback

Reactions: Maggot