• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Damn !, .Savage looking pretty good tonight.

softcock

novice judgmental prick
Minuteman
  • Mar 24, 2006
    Oregon
    Wow, Box factory Savage is looking pretty sweet to me now these days. Took a couple pics. of this Savage Factory 'custom shop' ( complete with All option ) as seen in Pic.
    Don't know all the factory specs. on this Savage shop model. It is a Folder with all Adjustments. Maybe if someone that Logs-in here, that shoots @ Douglas Ridge on the Savage sponsored team, that is gets these models. They could post the particulars of these builds. They do have some special tuned items in the Bedding with Lug and other . And I think it came in @ about the 17 Lb. weight range with glass.
    A couple of the DougRidge members brought it tonight to 600 practice here @ TCGC. I know there Team puts a lot of info back to Savage for them to chamber and tune these to drive right. It was printing pretty respectable @ 600 practice tonight Also. I did notice the Kid (10- year old) in the pic. (with hand loads) was keeping it in the 10-ring on a 300 yard target that was in the 600 yard hanger . SOooooooo it is definitely some of Savage custom shops best yet. with Also being a pretty nice looking Rig.
    savage2.jpg

savage1.jpg

Re: Damn !, .Savage looking pretty good tonight.

very nice rifle, but that M4 type buttstock is just cheesy. They should at least put on a Magpul UBR or something

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: long range fire</div><div class="ubbcode-body">very nice rifle, but that M4 type buttstock is just cheesy. They should at least put on a Magpul UBR or something </div></div>

Well Savage is known for making great rifles (my opinion) at an affordable price. That being said the Magpul buttstocks, being of a lot higher price (a little over priced for a buttstock, again my opinion) I'd say Savage was trying to keep costs down so us poor folk might save up and be able to afford one some day. Just my 2 cents, not saying that the rifle wouldn't function and look better with an upgraded buttstock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: long range fire</div><div class="ubbcode-body">very nice rifle, but that M4 type buttstock is just cheesy. They should at least put on a Magpul UBR or something </div></div>

Does anyone know if you can put a Magpul PRS on this