• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dan Henderson or John Jones??

Jeff Given

Private
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2011
Riverside, CA
Hendo has an anvil chin and dynamite in his gloves.

Both are good in the clinch.

This is one fight that I can honestly not pick. BUT...based on some of Dan's poor performances, and Jones' dominance, I guess I have to go with the champ.

But, damn, Dan seems to be getting better with old age..LoL.

Jeff

Re: Dan Henderson or John Jones??

You can never count Dan out. Also what poor performances are you referring to? He just beat Shogun in a FOTY canadit, and before that he KOd Fedor...

I'd like to see Dan win and will forever root for the guy after what he did to Bisping, but I think the champ will defend his title. Who knows though, all it takes is one punch from either of those guys.

Jones has speed and length on his side, not to mention stamina.

Hendo is a legend in the ring but I dont think he can beat Jones. Jones is in his prime and on a roll right now.

And the Fedor thing is not a good point to be bringing up, everyone is beating Fedor right now. He has retired if Im not mistaken?

like all fighters, henderson does have the ability to beat his opponent. the problem lies in, some fighters are very well trained and experienced that the probability of beating them gets smaller and smaller especially as the fight drags on. having said that, if henderson is going to win it favors him to try and do so as quickly as possible. either finish or be finished. most the time these lethargic first couple rounds just gives the more experienced fighter an advantage as they began to make correlations with what they have seen before. they can stay relaxed and think more clearly. in order to shuffle their judgment there needs to be increased emotion. going all out increases ones chances of catching a better fighter, in my opinion.
jones is becoming one of the top 3 fighters i enjoy watching. in my opinion the best chance to beat him, silva and aldo will come with first round wins. i choose these three as they tend to be the more dominating fighters.
i have talked lots on the topic and fighting and will likely have to defend some of my words. ill leave this topic alone for now and say i enjoy seeing an underdog win and will route for henderson.

I am a huge Hendo fan. If you watch Hendo's last couple of fights, he tanks as the fight goes on, lowers his head as he throws and charges in, and takes more shots to the head. Unfortunately, this will spell doom for him against a Muay Thai fighter like Jones that can stay out of Hendo's range and make Hendo charge in. I really hope I am wrong.

Dirty Harry-
See what shankster wrote. Poor performed date back a little further though, most notably his loss to Jake Shields. He rocked Shogun early but could not finish him.

I'm not sure this man has a "knock out button," but he can be submitted by Jones.

With that, i would put my money on Jones in the fight, but would like to see Hendo get it. I just don't know who can beat Jones right now, but i do feel Hendo has a puncher's chance.

I like Henderson, but I don't see him beating Jones. Jones is in his prime Hendo not so much, and Jones has a huge reach advantage. Only a fool would count Henderson out, but I don't see him pulling the W on this one....

Heck...the fight was canceled anyways, right?
As much as I like Dan Henderson, I can't see him beating Jones.

But who knows.....this sport has surprised me before.

The whole UFC 151 card was scrapped. Jon Jones was offered Chael Sonnen as a 8 day substitute for Dan Henderson and Jones turned down the fight. Dana White shit on him for not stepping up to fight and MMA fans are doin the same thing. Even the fighters that were on the card that AREN'T gona get paid are giving him shit. Crazy situation to be in, a card has never been canceled this close to fight night.

Update... I think the card is back on. Jon Jones will fight Vitor Belfort.

The card is cancelled. Jon Jones screwed everyone by not taking a fight against a 185lb'er with no time to prepare. Dana is pissed because other fighters gave Jones a chance when he hadn't earned it yet. Now that he is the draw and has money, the guys on the undercard are screwed. The $10,000 they were supposed to make is now gone. Some of these fighters are now behind on their rent, or their car payments. Some of them don't have back-to-school money for their kids.

Personally, I think it is selfish to have the responsibility of children and take a selfish path (if you can't afford it) like MMA, amateur racing, golf, etc.

That being said, I will never root for Jon Jones ever again. I hope he loses and Dana cuts him from UFC for good.

Jones the hypocrite and poser. He deleted this old tweet of his but, not before everyone captured it:

ZZSZe.jpg

All the fans that have booked and paid for flights, rooms, time off from work.

The fighters not getting the much needed paycheck:

Jake Ellenberger
Jay Hieron
Dennis Siver
Eddie Yagin
Dennis Hallman
Thiago Tavares
John Lineker
Yasuhiro Urushitani
Danny Castillo
Michael Johnson
Jeff Hougland
Takeya Mizugaki
Tim Means
Abel Trujillo
Daron Cruickshank
Henry Martinez
Shane Roller
Jacob Volkmann
Charlie Brenneman
Kyle Noke

Shank got it right. The card is cancelled and people are pissed. Jon Jones will be fighting a 185er that was the only one to step up, Vitor Belfort at UFC 152.

It's not as if Jones is responsible for the lives of other fighters. Those fighters chose this as a profession knowing all the risks. If they can't make ends meet then that's on them, not Jones. If your whole economic life is so precariously fated upon the outcomes of others then perhaps you shouldn't be so selfish as to stake your family's and kids' future on it...

For Dana to point out how Jones' decision has affected these fighters is a crock of shit - just like Dana himself. If Dana was so worried about people's kids going to school then why doesn't he offer the fighters a cancellation insurance policy or some such backstop? He can afford it a hundred times more than Jones.

Dana's cut fighters where the consequences of doing so affected their families but when he does it 'it's business'. Well, Jones was thinking the same but somehow he's obligated to make what he considers to be a bad business decision?

Why doesn't Dana protect HIS investment with an agreed backstop fighter should one of the fighters get injured during training? It's not like it's rare for something like this to happen.

It's all good and well to dig up old quotes of Jones on Twitter and yes, he's clearly gone back on his statement which makes him look bad but heck, show me someone who's never done that before...

It was Jones' contractual right to choose, he chose. If the other fighters and fans can't deal with that then so be it.

What I would like to see is one of the fans who's calling him a pussy to say that to his face in the octagon...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RedGoat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like Henderson, but I don't see him beating Jones. Jones is in his prime Hendo not so much, and Jones has a huge reach advantage. Only a fool would count Henderson out, but I don't see him pulling the W on this one.... </div></div>

I agree with everything everybody said except I agree with this a little more.

I'm sure the fight will go ahead sometime in the future because of the talent of these two fighters.I don't know what to make of Jones personally.

The talent in MMA is very exciting. Never has boxing had this level of talent in so many divisions. Boxing? Boxing? Does anybody even know what that is any more!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's not as if Jones is responsible for the lives of other fighters. Those fighters chose this as a profession knowing all the risks. If they can't make ends meet then that's on them, not Jones. If your whole economic life is so precariously fated upon the outcomes of others then perhaps you shouldn't be so selfish as to stake your family's and kids' future on it...

For Dana to point out how Jones' decision has affected these fighters is a crock of shit - just like Dana himself. If Dana was so worried about people's kids going to school then why doesn't he offer the fighters a cancellation insurance policy or some such backstop? He can afford it a hundred times more than Jones.

Dana's cut fighters where the consequences of doing so affected their families but when he does it 'it's business'. Well, Jones was thinking the same but somehow he's obligated to make what he considers to be a bad business decision?

Why doesn't Dana protect HIS investment with an agreed backstop fighter should one of the fighters get injured during training? It's not like it's rare for something like this to happen.

It's all good and well to dig up old quotes of Jones on Twitter and yes, he's clearly gone back on his statement which makes him look bad but heck, show me someone who's never done that before...

It was Jones' contractual right to choose, he chose. If the other fighters and fans can't deal with that then so be it.

What I would like to see is one of the fans who's calling him a pussy to say that to his face in the octagon... </div></div>

This^^^