• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Dan Wesson Guardian

Arbiter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 25, 2011
Tampa, FL
Does anyone here own a DW Guardian .45 ACP, or have any trigger time on one?

I've been searching for a good lightweight bobtailed Commander for some time now, and face-palmed heavily when Dan Wesson first came out with the Guardian...in 9mm only. Luckily it only took them a year to rectify their oversight, but I can't seem to find one to handle or try in person, and don't know anyone who owns one.

Maybe this can finally be the last 1911 I need...right?
wink.gif

Re: Dan Wesson Guardian

Cant say anything for them in .45 however, I have one in 9mm and it is a dream to shoot.

I had one, Very nice pistol, sold it only because I started to carry a Wilson Sentinel. I do miss the light weight of it.

I've got the CCO, very similar except for an officer length grip. I think they are undervalued, mine has been 100% with a mix of gold dots, hydrashocks, ranger SXTs, and 200 gr LSWC bullseye loads. It is also very accurate for a carry pistol. You don't have to worry about changing any of the internals because there is no MIM.

Two things I don't like about the CCO are the grips (easy fix, the Guardian has the same style) and the chain link texture on the front strap and MSH, the Guardian has standard checkering so no complaint there.

Heh, I'd rather the chainlink than the checkering. If it were at all possible, I'd go for a virtually smooth frontstrap, but that's just not popular enough for anyone to offer these days.

I still find it bizarre that people refer to the CCO as a "bobtail" model, simply because it has the slightest of curves on the bottom of the MSH.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe this can finally be the last 1911 I need...right? </div></div>

No one is making that model, yet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EddieNFL</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe this can finally be the last 1911 I need...right? </div></div>

No one is making that model, yet.</div></div>

Model, shipping container full of 1911s...same thing.
wink.gif