• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Dan Wesson pm-7

idahoshooter

Private
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2008
Idaho
Anything I should be wary of on these? Been looking at them in the gun shop and it appears very nice but I have no experience with them. Any input good or bad is appreciated.

Re: Dan Wesson pm-7

I remember when Chuck Serva (SP if I remember correctly) was running DW (DW had been bought and sold many times at one time Seth wesson DW's great grandson if I'm correct owned it). They were making some extremely good firearms!

I'm a big fan of DW's and have one of their .44 mag and a .445 Supermag. Great shooters! I love them!

I am not sure what they are like now since CZ bought them but the factory looks to still be in Norwich NY which is where Serva moved DW after he purchased it. With that I believe that means that it is still basicly relatively new tooling/machines since Chuck updated it to CNC since he had purchased it and hoped to get the DW name back into the market. DW's were mainly used by pistol silhouet shooters and really didn't make it big into the general firearms community. I'm glad the name is still around and the last review I saw about their .45 acp CCO Bobtail in Combat Handguns March 2010 issue was extremely good.
I'm hoping to purchase in the future a matching pair of their .45 acp 1911's. We'll see what Household 6 aka the wife says about that idea.

I have a Dan Wesson purchase since the cz buy out they are still made by Dan Wesson just owned by cz, My pistol was great and the customer service is great as well!

Go for it!!

For more info go to M1911.com they have a Dan Wesson forum, where owners get together and talk.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stefan73</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I remember when Chuck Serva (SP if I remember correctly) was running DW (DW had been bought and sold many times at one time Seth wesson DW's great grandson if I'm correct owned it). They were making some extremely good firearms!

I'm a big fan of DW's and have one of their .44 mag and a .445 Supermag. Great shooters! I love them!

I am not sure what they are like now since CZ bought them but the factory looks to still be in Norwich NY which is where Serva moved DW after he purchased it. With that I believe that means that it is still basicly relatively new tooling/machines since Chuck updated it to CNC since he had purchased it and hoped to get the DW name back into the market. DW's were mainly used by pistol silhouet shooters and really didn't make it big into the general firearms community. I'm glad the name is still around and the last review I saw about their .45 acp CCO Bobtail in Combat Handguns March 2010 issue was extremely good.
I'm hoping to purchase in the future a matching pair of their .45 acp 1911's. We'll see what Household 6 aka the wife says about that idea. </div></div>

I believe you mean Bob Serva. He still makes 1911's; I have one on order. Fusion Firearms!

Dan Wesson 1911's are still good from what I have read. They seem to be really popular and I have heard nothing but good things. The general consensus is that they are a bargain and the quality has not dropped since CZ took over.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BoleCailey</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stefan73</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I remember when Chuck Serva (SP if I remember correctly) was running DW (DW had been bought and sold many times at one time Seth wesson DW's great grandson if I'm correct owned it). They were making some extremely good firearms!

I'm hoping to purchase in the future a matching pair of their .45 acp 1911's. We'll see what Household 6 aka the wife says about that idea. </div></div>

I believe you mean Bob Serva. He still makes 1911's; I have one on order. Fusion Firearms!

Dan Wesson 1911's are still good from what I have read. They seem to be really popular and I have heard nothing but good things. The general consensus is that they are bargain and the quality has not dropped since CZ took over. </div></div>

I stand corrected. It's been a while since I had talked Wessons.
I have to agree that their customer service was out standing! It was a pleasure to talk to one of their gun smiths on the phone.

My only 1911's. I'm really happy with both the DW/CZ's.
Razorback and PM7 of the 10mm flavor.
100_1466.jpg

I have a few Dan Wesson
2- Patriots
1-Razorback
All of them run flawless.
I just picked up a Fusion longslide in 10mm,what a gun.

Thanks for the input guys. Ive yet to read something bad about them that wasnt operator error, so it sounds like I will be happy.

Had a DW revolver pistol pack in .44mag, would love one of the .445 Supermags. Whenever I get around to purchasing a 1911, the Dan Wesson Commander Classic or Pointman 7 are my 1st 2 choices. In 10mm of course, not that I have anything against .45 auto...