• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Dan Wesson PM7 vs S/A Black SS Target 1911-A1

19Scout77

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 9, 2007
GA
I am not a 1911 guy, but I have the opportunity to get a SS Dan Wesson PM7 or a S/A Black SS Target 1911-A1 at the same cost to me.

Any compelling reason to pick one over the other?

Re: Dan Wesson PM7 vs S/A Black SS Target 1911-A1

Dan Wesson 1911s are very nice pistols. I have a couple and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.

The fitting and the machining on the Dan was much nicer than on the SA I was looking at. I was comparing a SA Loaded and a Dan Heritage.

If the Dan is a recently produced gun none of the parts are MIM.

Dan Wesson makes a really nice 1911. Magstang1 is right also keep in mind the dan is a 70 series and will have a very nice trigger! I have had a few 1911s best value imho is Dan Wesson!

Just to echo the 2 posts above, the DW is a nice pistol. I have a CBOB in 10mm & IIRC a lot of the parts used in it are actually Ed Brown parts & no MIM junk in it as Magstang said.

I owned a Dan Wesson Valor, and it was a tack driver. IMHO it's a great value for the money.