• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

dang, Oakland is wild

I live south of San Jose and only 40min from Oakland. The local news is dominated with this sort of shit, or shootings, or stabbings every night and it has no end to the nonsense. All of this shit contributes to the insane California gun laws and the asshat politicians take every opportunity to get on the tv to promote stricter gun laws. When nothing is being done about these piece of shit gangsters who have no regard for civilians or families that get caught in the crossfire.

I NEVER go to Oakland except when my beloved Red Sox play there. I take the train there and am on the first one out after the game. Fuck that city, their liberal politics and their fucked up gangsters.

and here i always thought the cops were supposed to stop this stuff

Why should they? Because the second the cops get out of the car or come back with reinforcements and attempt to effect some arrests, which will undoubtedly lead to these savages resisting, the officers will be in the wrong. This is what the people of Oakland have voted for and have litigated for.This is what the people want, let them have it.

Last edited:
I live a stones through away from were much of this crap takes place. I was stuck in the front line of a freeway sideshow one Sunday afternoon on the 580 and I learned these shows on the freeway in mid day are well planned. Me being stuck in the front row behind the stopped cars was scary. Not only are there a dozen or so side show burn-out cars but friends of the side show drives are lined up behind the show and I was clearly mixed in with a bad crowd. The spectator friends all get out of there cars and cheer and hold up there phones taking movies of the show AND the surrounding folks. I got me blood boiling mad but I could do nothing and maintain a level of safety.
Bill

Just curious, but am I alone in my thoughts when I wonder why mass shooters never target these crowds :(

Last edited:
Why should they? Because the second the cops get out of the car or come back with reinforcements and attempt to effect some arrests, which will undoubtedly lead to these savages resisting, the officers will be in the wrong. This is what the people of Oakland have voted for and have litigated for.This is what the people want, let them have it.

I agree. This is what they must want. I will never visit or go there. I don't think any of them will be visiting me. They should fully enjoy the evironment they created. Enjoy! Raise hell, rock on. I will never be around it.

my brother lived there for almost 10 years he has told me stories that are unbelievable.. Some about the insane people and some about the cops. its just not a world I want to be a part of.

stupid question...... The police are clearly out numbered in this situation what would stop the citizens from forming a militia to restore order to there neighborhood and notice all the people are just kids none of them probably live to see there 30's

I think they don't want to be tried for shooting someone who looks like obamama's son/girl. They would be prosecuted just like Zimmerman.

Its quite clear how stuff works. Always the easy way, go harass some dude for speeding who has a job and something to loose and will PROBABLY not pepper your ass with 9mm while the monkeys at the ZOO are a big no no cause someone might get hurt and then bye bye government pension...

Its really pathetic i guess those policemen were the ones out of 1-10% of the dicks right? Bad apples i'm sure everyone else really tries and those videos are just a collection of few isolated incidents over few years time. Everywhere in the world same story with cops...

Sharac you might want to know what your talking about before you spout off. That area is not under control nor is there any interest in controlling it by the liberal politicians from that area. The cops are in a lose lose situation, they do what they can with what they have. Trust me it's way easier sitting behind your keyboard then dealing with the day in and day out reality. The bangers for the most part kill each other which is a good thing but the media doesn't cover it well because frankly it doesn't serve their needs. As far as the cops driving around giving speeding tickets to tax payers that's just too stupid to respond to.

Last edited:
Its quite clear how stuff works. Always the easy way, go harass some dude for speeding who has a job and something to loose and will PROBABLY not pepper your ass with 9mm while the monkeys at the ZOO are a big no no cause someone might get hurt and then bye bye government pension...

Its really pathetic i guess those policemen were the ones out of 1-10% of the dicks right? Bad apples i'm sure everyone else really tries and those videos are just a collection of few isolated incidents over few years time. Everywhere in the world same story with cops...

This isn't really fair. The cops seen in the video were clearly outnumbered and out gunned, surrounded and being actively targeted. If they'd stayed on scene we saw quickly how they were drawing focused and amassed attention. If they'd gotten out they'd have been killed. That crowd was in the mood. It would do nothing to have dead police and it may in fact give the crowd mob courage to go on and do worse.

There is a real conflict going on in this country. In places where the bad guys know they have the guns and the ordinary folks don't, then they can behave as seen in Oakland. What I just cannot fathom is why, given the preponderance of evidence debasing its effectiveness - the police chiefs are still willing to tow the politically driven agenda of advocating gun-control when clearly it does nothing to symie criminal behaviour. I remember the arguement of 'the brass is political/corrupt' but if enough of the rank and file were outspoken then what validity could the brass have? It's not just civilians who are guilty of apathy.

Slap made the point that those people have the environment they voted for. Well, true. But when police play an active part in supporting legislation that makes the otherwise law-abiding, felons for wanting to protect themselves and god forbid, their neighbours, then the police inherit the 'wolves' they've invited into their backyard.

I feel bad for the family of the pedestrian killed in that video. What a useless, pathetic death. But hey, at least there were no killer 30-rd clips on the scene...

I think they don't want to be tried for shooting someone who looks like obamama's son/girl. They would be prosecuted just like Zimmerman.

Issues?

Is this a personal thing, or is Slovenia a hotbed of diversity and enlightened thinking?

How would you have liked the officers to have handled this particular situation? Legitimate question. It seems to me that LE will never be right in your eyes, regardless of what they do. I figured this is exactly the response that someone like you would want but you're still not satisfied. So please tell me, what should they have done here that would have made you say that they did something right.

stupid question...... The police are clearly out numbered in this situation what would stop the citizens from forming a militia to restore order to there neighborhood and notice all the people are just kids none of them probably live to see there 30's

The citizens are the criminals in those neighborhoods.

They have the exact government they asked for including Police.

Legitimate question. It seems to me that LE will never be right in your eyes, regardless of what they do. I figured this is exactly the response that someone like you would want but you're still not satisfied. So please tell me, what should they have done here that would have made you say that they did something right.

Since i'm rather unfamiliar with US laws please allow for general description on how it would be handled locally:

Guys jump and down the street making funny noises and "shit" and kicking the police car as a baseline scenario (won't even touch shooting in the air and unsafe driving)...

Police officers stop, get out and catch either peacefully or by force the one kicking the car and he gets a hefty fine. If possible they also detain others either with help of other patrols or themselves if people don't run off.

JUST THE FACT that someone says that if those cops stopped they would be killed speaks volumes of HUGE lack of policing in that area.

My point was that if cops allow for areas to be an off limit playground for various mobs WITH OR WITHOUT blessing of politicians they've already fucked up NOT politicians but COPS either be it a chief of police or lowly uniformed "blue punching bag". For me not caring what you do in your country gives me a rather different perspective than for example either your "right wing nut" or government employee and whats evident is that you are no longer a police but mercenaries in the service of masters (politicians who are in service of others - but thats another topic) with your own twisted ethics and your own twisted rules -> to push it to extreme for example a guy not wearing a seatbelt gets stopped (result is irrelevant as when making a stop unknown to cop whom hes actually stopping) while general mayhem gets ignored or worse off those sworn to protect tuck their tail between their legs and run for their lives (later kill few donuts at best or blow off their frustration with screwing with some poor dude with job and something to loose to get their egos back to stratosphere where they usually reside).

All these videos (open carry, brutality etc...) show nothing but utter contempt for civilians and warrior mentality where cops treat everyone as a rabid dog which needs to be put down the moment it blinks. And while most of you claim those are isolated cases I THINK (might be totally wrong dunno) they are not and that "we are sheepdogs and above the rest" mentality is widespread - at least in big cities i'd imagine it being totally different in rural areas where people know each other and work with not against each other.

How would you have liked the officers to have handled this particular situation? Legitimate question. It seems to me that LE will never be right in your eyes, regardless of what they do. I figured this is exactly the response that someone like you would want but you're still not satisfied. So please tell me, what should they have done here that would have made you say that they did something right.

I think what sharac was saying is that there are guys that take a badass attitude with those they perceive are low threat like in the open carry video but then when faced with actual threatening behavior like in the oakland video they drive away. Maybe, but there is an obvious language barrier there.

In any case, the comparison isnt useful to me, different cops and different situations. Had the oakland cops got out of the car, someone was going to die, either way. Oakland is what happens when you shift your personal responsibility to defend yourself and your property to the state, and then neuter the police through lawsuits. Typical California voter have your cake and eat it too mentality, which they are too foolish to realize will always result in a bite of a shit sandwich instead.

Strange that a guy and ocean away, gets the same take as many here?

Oakland is operating under a consent decree. Any use of force is reviewed federally by political appointees and community leaders from the hood.

How likely would you be to use force under those conditions?

Just to make it more fun, no K9 allowed as they are racist as is OC spray and many other items normally used to defend yourself.

I would like to see the cops put on their cool guy crye plate carriers. opscore helmets. drive their aquired RGs into that neighborhood and lay down the fucking law on these degenerates and protect the majority of law abiding citizens just like they are paid very well to do and if it involves bleeding to stop the threat then thats the job too. Just like we have to run into building after building filled with fucking insurgents with PKMS and grenades regardless of the casualty rate because thats our job we are paid to do.

Last edited:
That was my point yes KY, thanks.

As to the CA syndrome (which is "worldspread" mind you and EU is particularly rich breeding ground) i wish i had an answer on how to make it go away or fix without rivers of blood. Maybe thats why topics and thread like this come up because many others are also searching for answers each in their own way. My whole country is infested with it so if you get an answer and workable solution first please send some over the pond (can be in form of bombs, rockets or gas i'd just appreciate you work on your aim and red/blue color recognition :) ).

Very dangerous and ignorant assumption.

My be but, many of your countrymen fell the same way.

Yes and many of our countrymen voted Obama in as well. Can someone explain to me the anti-police sentiment on this site. I spent 34 yrs as a cop, worked with some of the best human beings I have ever met. Selfless people who were willing to work hard and give of themselves on duty and off duty coaching kids, building senior housing and serving as Big Brothers and Sisters to kids in need. There are over 90,000 peace officers in California alone last I checked they were all hired directly from the human race so you guessed it some bad apples get through just like every other profession. Can't understand why some of you want to paint everyone with the same brush, you would think you would see that the liberals do the same thing to all you "violence hungry gun nuts" who promote school shootings.

In any group, shooter/mechanic/Doctor/resident, much like NYC is NY state or Miami is Florida, in the simple mind,... human nature. Lately the divide between LE and joe blow is seen and widening because, LE is being seen as the willing arm of what is becoming a repressive gov.

That was my point yes KY, thanks.

I understood perfectly the point that you were trying to convey. That cops go for the easy targets only, that they're afraid of the real criminals. I get it. The reason for my question to you though is that given your history on these topics, had a video surfaced where an officer(s) decided to take action against this mob of animals you would be one of the first ones crying brutality over that use of force that was all but inevitable with this group.

You nor the people of Oakland can have it both ways. You can't expect to essentially handcuff the police and make them the bad guys for doing their jobs and then still expect them to do their jobs. Like I said before, this is precisely what the denizens of Oakland wanted so this is what they get. Why should a cop there risk his life, career, prosecution and his family's livelihood for an ungrateful city that isn't going to stand behind them? If I were a cop there I wouldn't do a Goddamned thing. I wouldn't even drive through those neighborhoods unless absolutely necessary. Not because I fear the bottle throwing, illegal gun toting savages but because I would be in fear that If I took any sort of enforcement action, I would be prosecuted for being brutal or "violating someone's rights".

You reap what you sow, now let it burn.

go live there for a few years and when you come back let us know if you still have the same opinion...Or Philadelphia for that matter There are parts that are over run

Just recently the Bay area transit cops killed one of their own during a search by their SWAT team, yes the subway cops have a swat team! This tragic event may be putting a bit of chill over the entire area. I am 100% opposed to even thinking about shooting some as(*&^&* for doing stunts in his car-arrest and jail-loss of license etc. yes, but shooting? I don't believe that's what America is about. For all we know flooding the area with cops, or a swat team may be out of the question, because of the BART SWAT killing each other-you never know what the higher-ups are thinking. I'd bet, you could go to almost any large American City, and find area's of lawlessness, drug sales, crack houses, prostitution, stolen goods markets, killings etc., if the cops are able to keep the areas isolated, and out of your area-that's better than allowing it to spread. But after one cop kills another in a search warrant raid (accident I'm sure), the use of large groups of cops, may be in question. Remember these were"SWAT" cops. I doubt if the C.O.P. wants another man killed before he can review all training, tactics etc. If his SWAT teams got it wrong, just imagine the heat he'd take if just the average (far lesser trained cop) were to get killed in a mass action? Give them a break, I'm sure it'll get better.

Last edited:
When there is no respect,carry a fuckin gun to get out of there. I have much experience in Oakland and carry is not a question.

Just recently the Bay area transit cops killed one of their own during a search by their SWAT team, yes the subway cops have a swat team! This tragic event may be putting a bit of chill over the entire area. I am 100% opposed to even thinking about shooting some as(*&^&* for doing stunts in his car-arrest and jail-loss of license etc. yes, but shooting? I don't believe that's what America is about. For all we know flooding the area with cops, or a swat team may be out of the question, because of the BART SWAT killing each other-you never know what the higher-ups are thinking. I'd bet, you could go to almost any large American City, and find area's of lawlessness, drug sales, crack houses, prostitution, stolen goods markets, killings etc., if the cops are able to keep the areas isolated, and out of your area-that's better than allowing it to spread. But after one cop kills another in a search warrant raid (accident I'm sure), the use of large groups of cops, may be in question. Remember these were"SWAT" cops. I doubt if the C.O.P. wants another man killed before he can review all training, tactics etc. If his SWAT teams got it wrong, just imagine the heat he'd take if just the average (far lesser trained cop) were to get killed in a mass action? Give them a break, I'm sure it'll get better.

Sounds like they should be more careful. Killing an innocent person in a no-knock raid is no more an "accident" than if I dropped a bomb on a friendly. When you initiate violence, you are 100% responsible for the aftermath. There are no accidents because it is purposeful violence, and if you are not 100% sure of your target you are criminally negligent. I hate no-knocks, and would ban them in a heartbeat if I could. It puts cops in a terrible situation as well, and drug crimes and the many other reasons they are executed are not enough justification for them. Believe me, if we were killing as many innocent Americans in close air support combat as SWAT teams do every year we would have been kicked out of the theater of operations immediately. Frankly, I believe no-knocks are a cure that is worse than the disease. About the only thing that could justify them is a hostage situation.

Slap is right about them reaping what they sow. These people destroy their own neighborhoods and then cry about the man keeping them down and start asking for handouts.

Sounds like they should be more careful. Killing an innocent person in a no-knock raid is no more an "accident" than if I dropped a bomb on a friendly. When you initiate violence, you are 100% responsible for the aftermath. There are no accidents because it is purposeful violence, and if you are not 100% sure of your target you are criminally negligent. I hate no-knocks, and would ban them in a heartbeat if I could. It puts cops in a terrible situation as well, and drug crimes and the many other reasons they are executed are not enough justification for them. Believe me, if we were killing as many innocent Americans in close air support combat as SWAT teams do every year we would have been kicked out of the theater of operations immediately. Frankly, I believe no-knocks are a cure that is worse than the disease. About the only thing that could justify them is a hostage situation.

Slap is right about them reaping what they sow. These people destroy their own neighborhoods and then cry about the man keeping them down and start asking for handouts.

You are right, when ever someone, SWAT member or not uses deadly force-they are and should be held responsible. I have read this is the first time a BART cop has been killed in the line of duty, ever. I question why a subway swat team was searching a house, it must have been thought a really bad assed SOB was there (like some in the video). Nonetheless, after a death like that, I'm sure the Chief of Police, in the city where it occurred, the chief of the BART and others are looking at the situation, and trying to figure out how to keep it from happening again. Or at least I hope they are. This may be why the cops are not "flooding" into an area like that shown in the video, the powers to be don't want another cop dead anytime soon, and God forbid, if he/she was killed by a friendly. Sometimes there is more going on than meets the eye. With cities in CA declaring bankruptcy , I'm surprised the subway can keep and fund a SWAT team, it seems the larger more experienced PD's in the area could handle it, thus saving a ton of tax payer money. Perhaps the SWAT teams of the SF and Oakland PD's training and procedures should be studies by bart, if they are going to keep funding their own swat team. In any event I don't blame the chief for being careful, on death like this far too many!

Yep Veer_g,
I have issues with people Like the POTUS giving his .02 cents worth to push his race hating... Obama has sided with anyone who is Black or other wise not pigmentedly challenged! Yes, I saw different races in the video that covered the spectrum. I have also seen Police tried for civil rights violations for using nonlethal force. Pray tell us what would happen if someone defending themselves against that crowd used a gun and killed some of them! I would bet you more money then I have that even if there was a video of the whole situation that showed non LEO in the right; they would be charged with a crime.
I"m equally positive that Obama would have some anti-gun rant, and or would try and connect to the "victim", and no I don't mean the one who was forced to use a weapon to save there own life.

decided to take action against this mob of animals you would be one of the first ones crying brutality

Its funny you should assume that, cops take action mostly against either individuals or those who fit the profile which must not be discussed here and i can even understand why but blaming people for "cops lack of enthusiasm" with dealing with real problem have more to do with your profession being firstly dependent on .gov paycheck and secondly being conditioned to listen to authority and unwilling to take responsibility for your (in)actions in general, but i digress.

I, the Russians and several other "eastern rednecks" would handle your Oakland in a matter of hours and probably not even you (as a hardened battle veteran of police work) would stomach it. You do as always twist word/ideas and judge by your little "implanted" judging cards as if everyone who is ok in your book must do nothing but praise either military or police as only apparatus that enables life on this planet.

My main critique goes against pigs (at least i tried to convey as such) who scream, pile on, abuse, jump up and down from all that overflowing ego when they have on the other end of a barrel "kids" with open carry and/or generally law abiding citizens but when true tests show up (such as like keeping to an Oath or putting balls on the line against "superior" and superior numbers) they duck and run and later have the gall to pat themselves on the chest. Only thing which is debatable is the % of pigs vs good cops (which i think need absolutely no praise as those who do good get good and i'm sure are not doing good for the praise but because they are simply decent people -> you need praise to do good you're a dog trained to sit and roll over for a cookie).

CrFULhy.gif

I'd bet, you could go to almost any large American City, and find area's of lawlessness, drug sales, crack houses, prostitution, stolen goods markets, killings etc., if the cops are able to keep the areas isolated, and out of your area-that's better than allowing it to spread.

No it is not and if that is the case, then it's time for another post Katrina operation.
Allowing that kind of B/S to grow is nothing more than LE and the public being complicit to lawlessness in my book. If LE and the courts can not preform their job to the intent of the law, do want Uncle does,... hire Contractors. Yes some with smoke on them will get burnt as well but, that's the price of wanting to play bad guy!

Agreed. Let it burn. We are "dealing" with this in KCMO. When people are ready to get serious about it and stop wringing their hands about political correctness, let me know.

Helll no to contractors doing that job. They do not have the Constitutional authority to police Americans, that is for sworn professional law enforcement only. Restoring law and order is important, but how we do it matters. There is the legal way, and the easy way.

Funny how DHS declares martial law on Boston, complete with house to house no warrant searches, armored vehicles, etc, and yet there are probably ten guys in the Oakland video twice as dangerous as that kid. Shows how we use terrorism as a sales pitch.

The problem with places like Oakland to me is that law enforcement has to have policy and equipment built for THAT situation and naturally that mindset expands across the country to other departments.

The sales pitch is what keeps the game in play!
As far as " Constitutional authority to police Americans" as you say, I contend if those papered and task can't or won't do it, what kind of flag is that waving to the scumbags? Funny how you never heard "No Contractors" when NOLA was in such a mess. As soon as the dirt-bags got a hint/clue of how contractors were dealing, just-us, they ran up the white flag. Only one way to deal with vermin,...then when you par down to their rules, they(scumbags) want to pull the law card.

I love it when guys know everything but really absolutely nothing.

The accidental shooting was one Detective shooting another Detective. Neither where SWAT. Neither had ever been SWAT. The reason SWAT became so well used was these types of accidents happened a lot more back in 1960s before SWAT. Because the personality and skills needed to be a Detective don't have anything to do with making Entries. We used SWAT for years and got good at this. BART PD has been under the gun for use of force and it just about takes an act of Congress to use their SWAT Team. Thus they are using Detectives for the search warrants. This is a problem in that they are not as well trained for entry work as a SWAT Team. When I ran a Detective Division I used to argue the following point. Pay the SWAT Overtime now or the lawsuit later. As to Bart PD having a SWAT Team. Its actually called SPAR. Special Problems And Rescue. Officers are trained to do everything from entry to rescue work. Its a well trained unit and has won many competitions. As to Bart PDs problems. Well since the officer screwed up and shot the guy by accident, they have been under the microscope and basically handcuffed from doing any work. That's a shame because the system runs through ever low cost neighborhood in Bay Area and attracts some real bad guys. I saw a survey back in the 1990s and found BART had four times more Felonies per Police Officer to handle than the second busiest Transit PD in the Nations ( NYPD's Transist) Last I looked it was the busiest Transit PD in nation by far. Data is from about ten years ago but back then they handled around 40,000 calls for service per year for about 150 cops.

As to Oakland having the police department it deserves. Well I have only worked and lived in the area for 33 years so not as much experience as many experts here, but the police department is under FEDERAL THUMB. You see the Feds decided OPD was too heavy handed and stepped in.

OPD did more with less officers than any other PD I know of for around a 100 years. Then the Feds stepped in and frankly fucked everything up.

As to Police in general. Because the public has done nothing but attack every single move any officer does not many are willing to protect our asses anymore. Me I did 25 years and retired as soon as I could. I had enough of folks sitting in easy chairs and at computer screens telling me everything I did wrong, while I was being stitched up.

Last edited:
are willing to protect our asses anymore

I think the real mantra here is "if you won't protect and do your job properly as in Constitution and common sense get the fuck out of the way and stop enabling vermin from trying to disarm law abiding people and effectively neutering those rare individuals who still own a pair"...

I think the real mantra here is "if you won't protect and do your job properly as in Constitution and common sense get the fuck out of the way and stop enabling vermin from trying to disarm law abiding people and effectively neutering those rare individuals who still own a pair"...

Never lost my pair and easy to find

Why don't you enlighten us as to your huge accomplishments for the good of all other than running your mouth on the net. Harms way is no HALO Video games

Last edited: