• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Daniel Defense AR-15

Glock1943

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2021
Huntsville, AL
Hello gents, I've been thinking about getting a new AR so I figured with all this garbage going on this is a good time to lay down the cash. I'm looking at getting a DD but there are so many to choose from I'd like a little advice. I'd like a standard barrel length of 16-18" and a 1:7 twist. Can you guys suggest one of theirs to me and tell me why you picked that certain one? Thanks for the help!

Might I ask why Daniels Defense? It’s a nice gun no doubt but does very little if anything that a rifle half the cost or more would do. If your looking exclusively at premium rifles I think the lwrc is a much better choice, the DI or piston which ever you prefer. Personally I would step down a few notches, my favorite rifle is a bcm, it’s reliable(hasn’t had a failure yet), accurate for chrome lined barrel, and light(I love their elw barrel profile) but there are allot of good rifles in the intermediate price range. If you want a fun project build one, it’s really not hard and you can choose all of your components.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve_In_29
Honestly I've just always liked how they look and feel. You're right, the BCM is a great gun too, I don't see prices on their site, what kind of pricing we looking at for a BCM?

Reactions: vinniedelpino
Honestly I've just always liked how they look and feel. You're right, the BCM is a great gun too, I don't see prices on their site, what kind of pricing we looking at for a BCM?
Depending on where you buy it and the model, when they are in stock I usually see them from 1300 to 1400 online. The only thing I really don’t like is bcm won’t give up the ghost on keymod, so their mlok rifles can be harder to find in stock.

A DD is my primary rifle.

In hindsight, I would have saved a few bucks and went with a BCM. Both great rifles, but DD is pretty damn expensive.

Depending on where you buy it and the model, when they are in stock I usually see them from 1300 to 1400 online. The only thing I really don’t like is bcm won’t give up the ghost on keymod, so their mlok rifles can be harder to find in stock.
We can't just buy one off their site?

We can't just buy one off their site?
I don’t believe so, most manufacturers don’t sell completed firearms I would guess due to liability and the general pain in the ass of dealing with the atf, I haven’t looked but I would guess bcm like other manufacturers will sell you everything but the lower receiver.

BCM usually sells complete rifles online to ship to your FFL, but they took them down recently to fill dealer demand.

G&R Tactical is an excellent BCM dealer, Grant gets a steady supply of them in.

I just received this response from BCM: Sorry, but due to exceptionally high demand at the current time we do not have an ETA as to when more products will be available on our factory direct BravoCompanyMFG.com web store. We are shipping to our dealers daily and prioritize all of their orders before offering complete rifles on our webstore. While the industry demand is this high we do not foresee having retail rifles on the webstore anytime soon. The best course of action would be to try to find product with these dealers and distributers.

BCM usually sells complete rifles online to ship to your FFL, but they took them down recently to fill dealer demand.

G&R Tactical is an excellent BCM dealer, Grant gets a steady supply of them in.
G&R has pretty decent prices too.

Considering the current political environment, and I bought my first AR in 1974 (was a Colt SP1), I would buy anything you can find for a reasonable price. It can always be upgraded to meet and exceed any factory build. There are good info sources as to the good and bad when you start upgrading so you can't go wrong there. It's easy to build (correctly) on and save some money too. Last time Obama threatened, I bought a no name lower and it's closer to spec than any of my high dollar named lowers.

If you want specific specs to shoot for, PM and I'll help.

You have to get into the LMT and KAC realm to get an upgrade over the DD 5.56 guns. Not a fan of their politics or furniture but they are solid guns with some of the most consistently accurate chrome lined hammer forged barrels around. Definitely better than BCM….

Haven't seen a DD or BCM do anything an Aero won't. Seen several issues with a BCM that were 🤪 from burrs in the barrel to bad threads

I'd buy a basic AR that works and spend the surplus on ammo and a good carbine course from a reputable training establishment

Chances are you're going to upgrade and swap everything out anyway so paying out the ass from the get go is pretty dumb.

DD is worth the money, depending on your use. BCM, Daniel are both awesome choices. They are the kind of rifile your kids can hand down to there kids.

I own a fair amount of DDs and spent a good amount of time behind BCM‘s. You notice the difference way smoother than a stag arms or a Troy. Those guns may do the job but the others just do a nicer job of it.

I have a DDM4V7 as my home defense rifle, and another DDM4V7 as my home offense rifle. I have a third DD rifle (Ambush Arms 6.8) that was my first dedicated pig rifle, and it is amazing too.

The prices now are pretty crazy. I paid anywhere from $1,326 - 1,399 for each of mine off Gunbroker between 2012 - 2018 (so add another $50 after shipping and FFL). Not sure I'd plunk the money down for one that they are trying to command these days.

I've been reasonably hard on two of my three DD rifles, and no issues so far.

My only factory comparison rifle I own is an FN DMR II. There isn't enough of a difference to get on a soapbox about.

BCM and DD are both good to go. Also, consider Centurion Arms. They're small, and when inventory comes in, it sells out quick.

Last edited:
Get a SOLGW 13.7 :)

I put together my own AR’s but if I was going to buy one off the shelf it would be from them.

If it were my money I'd get a Geissele Super Duty, an LWRCi Di, a Barrett Rec 7 Di, or a piston version of the LWRCi or Barrett Rec 7.

The LWRCi models are fully ambidextrous for those of us who train using both strong & support sides.

Reactions: UpSideDown
Grab a (or five?) Aero lower off Brownells site, they're on sale for $70. Slap a BCM upper on it and it'll run great.

If you want a package gun, lots of great options these days.
LMT, BCM, SOLGW, Daniel Defense or Barrett would be up there for me. Tons of other options but I think piecing together a build makes more sense a lot of the time. You can always buy any generic lower like the Aero and then plop an assembled upper on it. There's upper groups from FN, Colt and other known makers on Brownells right now.

you can get a colt trooper for less than the DD not to mention, DD is anti 2a with support of universal background checks. NO ONE should be buying dd any longer. Lots of options outs including lwrc etc.

over priced, doesn't do anything special, over hyped rifles.