• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Daniel Defense DD5V4 in 308 - Geissele SSA vs Larue Tactical MBT-2S

turtle_hunter_10/22

Private
Minuteman
Dec 4, 2022
TX
I'm a fairly new DD5V4 308 owner (converted from an M1A Loaded). I mounted my Mark4 4.5-14x50 and have made a couple trips to the range. The trigger is a bit rough, and I plan to replace it.

I'm debating between a Geissele SSA (I don't want to drop to the enhanced as I plan to use the rifle hunting and would like a tad more resistance than 3.5 lbs) or a Larue MBT-2s. Has anyone tried the Larue in a DD5? Does it install ok? Any experience testing both of them?

I have had many sets of both triggers. Never used any in a DD large frame but would expect them both to be fine. I prefer the Larue's, even if they were the Geissele price. I have a couple guns still floating around with SSA-E's. They really aren't too light for duty/hunting in my opinion. Still, Larue for the win.