Daniel Defense DD5V5 - optic suggestions

Naaman

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 13, 2020
I don't give a shit about the connections with the FUDs as you put it, or the supposed anti-2A BS.. how the hell do you think vortex is using slave labor? Because they're cheaper lines come out of the Philippines? I mean do you really think Vortex us running some sort of sweatshop making Scopes and rolling lumpia at the same time!!

You have absolutely no idea what the fuck you're talking about.
Whatever, man. There is a reason why it's cheaper to build stuff in China, then put it on a boat/plane, ship it over here, send it through Customs, then put in on a truck and deliver it to a warehouse to await distribution than it is to just make it here in the first place. The point is, I won't buy from a company whose business model relies on things being made in sweatshops. Unless you can demonstrate that their stuff isn't made in sweatshops, there's no point in having this conversation with me.

Tell me I don't know what I'm talking about, and then provide no information to show me reality? Not very productive.

If you have good info, link it here or in my PMs. I'd rather operate with the most complete set of info that I can get. I'm willing to be persuaded, but your post makes no attempt to do so.

Reactions: Milf Dots

bigjake83

Golden Shellback
Minuteman
  • May 19, 2013
    Southern Idaho
    The point is, I won't buy from a company whose business model relies on things being made in sweatshops. Unless you can demonstrate that their stuff isn't made in sweatshops, there's no point in having this conversation with me.

Prove to us that they are being built in sweatshops under slave labor!!! You're the one stating that this is fact just because a company outsources some of their products overseas doesn't mean in anyway shape or form that they are being built on slave labor you ignorant fuck!

You have any idea how many parts Ford motor company outsources from factories in Mexico! Just because a company outsources parts of their production line in a foreign country because labor may be cheaper does not make it SLAVE LABOR or a sweatshop operation. You clearly have no fucking clue what you're talking about just more liberal ideology spewed from the mouth ignorant asshole.

ut755ln

Rub some dirt on it
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
    Mar 24, 2011
    Houston Texas
    Whatever, man. There is a reason why it's cheaper to build stuff in China, then put it on a boat/plane, ship it over here, send it through Customs, then put in on a truck and deliver it to a warehouse to await distribution than it is to just make it here in the first place. The point is, I won't buy from a company whose business model relies on things being made in sweatshops. Unless you can demonstrate that their stuff isn't made in sweatshops, there's no point in having this conversation with me.
    I run an OSV company that works primarily in the North Sea and West Africa. The last two times we built ships, we built in India and we built in Malaysia/Singapore. We did it because there is a significant cost differential between constructing a ship in the US or Western Europe. I bring this up because after working in West Africa for almost 20 years now, the standard of living has improved dramatically all over the continent. Same thing in Asia and really almost any place else in the world. More developed companies inject capital into less developed countries because of cheaper labor (primarily). The capital injection improves the quality of life of the people in the less developed country. Infrastructure, education, municipal services, all improve and as they do even more capital pours in.

Reactions: Naaman

Naaman

Gunny Sergeant
    Minuteman
    May 13, 2020
    Prove to us that they are being built in sweatshops under slave labor!!! You're the one stating that this is fact just because a company outsources some of their products overseas doesn't mean in anyway shape or form that they are being built on slave labor you ignorant fuck!

You have any idea how many parts Ford motor company outsources from factories in Mexico! Just because a company outsources parts of their production line in a foreign country because labor may be cheaper does not make it SLAVE LABOR or a sweatshop operation. You clearly have no fucking clue what you're talking about just more liberal ideology spewed from the mouth ignorant asshole.

I run an OSV company that works primarily in the North Sea and West Africa. The last two times we built ships, we built in India and we built in Malaysia/Singapore. We did it because there is a significant cost differential between constructing a ship in the US or Western Europe. I bring this up because after working in West Africa for almost 20 years now, the standard of living has improved dramatically all over the continent. Same thing in Asia and really almost any place else in the world. More developed companies inject capital into less developed countries because of cheaper labor (primarily). The capital injection improves the quality of life of the people in the less developed country. Infrastructure, education, municipal services, all improve and as they do even more capital pours in.
    Here is my understanding as of the moment. If I am misunderstanding then please show me where to find true information:

My issue is with CHINA specifically (not outsourced labor in general).

The Chinese economy is run by the Chinese communist party. To put it in simple terms, if you are working in China, you work FOR the Chinese government (because its communist).

China's economy is based on manufacturing. Not only does China make stuff for companies all over the world, but by sending specs to any Chinese manufacturer, you're giving the CCP access to all your R&D.

China likes to take others' R&D and copy/reverse engineer it and make a profit selling similar things for cheaper (or use it for their military or whatever). That is somewhat off topic, but still informs my position.

It is common knowledge that China runs sweatshops for their manufacturing operations. It seems that you two are implying that "just because something is made in China doesn't mean it was made in a sweat shop."

The only way I can think of to demonstrate that products are not made by slaves* would be to go in under cover and find out for myself. Its not like they would just let anybody in who wants to inspect the working conditions. And if they did, they would clean everything up and make everyone smile for the camera.

*It also matters how you define "slave." For example, is anyone really free in a communist country?

I only said any of this because others asked. My bottom line is this: I don't want to fund communism. So I won't buy a Vortex. If that makes me a "liberal ignorant asshole" then so be it.

Last edited:

Milf Dots

Major Hide Member
    Minuteman
    Oct 21, 2019
    Here is my understanding as of the moment. If I am misunderstanding then please show me where to find true information:

My issue is with CHINA specifically (not outsourced labor in general).

The Chinese economy is run by the Chinese communist party. To put it in simple terms, if you are working in China, you work FOR the Chinese government (because its communist).

China's economy is based on manufacturing. Not only does China make stuff for companies all over the world, but by sending specs to any Chinese manufacturer, you're giving the CCP access to all your R&D.

China likes to take others' R&D and copy/reverse engineer it and make a profit selling similar things for cheaper (or use it for their military or whatever). That is somewhat off topic, but still informs my position.

It is common knowledge that China runs sweatshops for their manufacturing operations. It seems that you two are implying that "just because something is made in China doesn't mean it was made in a sweat shop."

The only way I can think of to demonstrate that products are not made by slaves* would be to go in under cover and find out for myself. Its not like they would just let anybody in who wants to inspect the working conditions. And if they did, they would clean everything up and make everyone smile for the camera.

*It also matters how you define "slave." For example, is anyone really free in a communist country?

I only said any of this because others asked. My bottom line is this: I don't want to fund communism. So I won't buy a Vortex. If that makes me a "liberal ignorant asshole" then so be it.
    Nailed it.

Milf Dots

Major Hide Member
    Minuteman
    Oct 21, 2019
    The CCP's use of slave labor is just one of many reasons why I won't buy Chicom shooting related products. The CCP already controls the consumer electronics and internet devices industries- and that's a great reason to not let them take over our shooting optics and accessories manufacturing. That smart phone one carries is a perfect reason to NOT buy Chicom shooting products.

Reactions: Jsp556