• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Daniel Defense Delta 5 Pro Extended Picatinny Rail Installation

nfishva

Private
Minuteman
Sep 4, 2019
Looking to install the Extended Picatinny Rail Daniel Defense offers as an aftermarket accessory for the Delta 5 Pro. However, they did not provide any installation instructions or guidance. I'm looking for any official reference to what the torque specs should be on the screws they provided. Daniel Defense has not responded to my inquiries.

I believe they use 8/40 receiver screws, so safe with 20-25 inch pounds. The front end uses MLOK, usually 35 inch pounds max when attaching to metal. I would use blue thread locker, wet torque will change values, but not enough to worry.

I believe they use 8/40 receiver screws, so safe with 20-25 inch pounds. The front end uses MLOK, usually 35 inch pounds max when attaching to metal. I would use blue thread locker, wet torque will change values, but not enough to worry.
Thanks for this feedback. A video from Daniel Defense states they used 10/32 bolts. Would that change your recommended torque tolerance recommendations?

Then you could go up some on the receiver screws but don't think it's necessary, especially with blue at 25. If you search, 10/32 is around 31-33 limit dependent on steel type. Wet torque will change the value, 25 wet is more than enough. I think it's around 20-25% increase wet, so you are still good.

Hey, this is really great info and I really appreciate your time and help. Thank you so much!