• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Daniel Defense Delta 5/Pro

ratton

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 21, 2009
Nevada
I am a new owner of a Daniel Defense (DD) Delta 5 Pro and would like to hear from other Hide members about their experiences with this rifle. Not sure how to do this but it would be nice if someone could post a sticky thread.

Thank You

My shooting buddy has one in 6cm. It's his only bolt gun. He is not a "gun guy" but has learned to shoot it really well. He had right at 1,200 rounds through it before I found out he had never cleaned the barrel! Whatever DD made that barrel from is some seriously good stuff. I cleaned it, and other than a fair amount of carbon in the neck and leade it looked pretty good. Fire cracking was there for about 20% of the throat, not bad. Copper buildup was almost zero. All the ammo fired through it was Hornady, mostly Black hunter. He shot it after the cleaning and it got one 5 shot group just under 3/8" and several 1/2" at 100 yards, all with that hunting ammo. He said that it's always shot like that. I wonder what it could do with some careful relaoding! I'm impressed with that Delta 5 pro.

I am a new owner of a Daniel Defense (DD) Delta 5 Pro and would like to hear from other Hide members about their experiences with this rifle. Not sure how to do this but it would be nice if someone could post a sticky thread.

Thank You
Hello Ratton,
I also own one in 6.5CM I've only put around 300 rounds through her , no issues with the accuracy so far , not difficult to keep barrel clean.
Bolt slop is present , you do need to ensure that you drive the bolt forward with your hand centrally aligned with the action as much as possible , the same as any factory Remington action , or bolt will stick .
I have also found magazine well is very snug , loading the full 10 rnds into mags causes the first round loaded to drive into feed ramp and you have to load mag and then pull down firmly to lower it slightly or just load 9 rnds into mags .
Im going to look into whether a lubricating delrin bush or similar could be retro fitted into rear of bolt raceway to reduce slop , or if making another slightly larger bolt body is feasible ( not likely worth it)
I also shoot a gen 2 DTA which also requires the bolt to be run a specific way to get the best result .
I live in New Zealand and we do not get the huge choice of options you folk in the States get in regards to factory rifle options.
Over here the MPA factory equivalent was $ 3000.00 higher in price -and not available, this would have been my first choice for a factory PRS rifle .
I will be interested to hear if you come up with any solutions or if you sell the rifle , or just adapt and continue with it .

Reactions: Charmingmander
Just in case anyone sees this — looking to buy a RH Delta 5 Pro chassis. Scouring the internet but would like to find one more in the 6-700$ range as I've seen them go for this. If anyone is looking to offload....