• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Daniel Defense no longer making ar pistol with brace?

Prebanpaul

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2009
Akron Ohio Summit
Anyone else hearing that Danile Defense is no longer making pistol AR. I spoke with a very reputable dealer today, who stated they are afraid of the an ATF ruling to ban or make the guns with braces, regulated. So they will only build Carbines, rifles and SBR.

Just wondering if anyone else has heard of this.

Which rule? Does anyone even care?

There is a thread about it. The ATF will be using a "point" system. Your AR pistol gets scored, accumulate more than 4 points and its now an SBR...however, even if it passes on points the agent has the ability to arbitrarily declare it an SBR.

There is a thread about it. The ATF will be using a "point" system. Your AR pistol gets scored, accumulate more than 4 points and its now an SBR...however, even if it passes on points the agent has the ability to arbitrarily declare it an SBR.
LOL yea that'll be enforceable. I can't remember the last time I saw an atf agent anywhere I've ever been shooting.

Reactions: 1911hombre
We sell quite a few DD pistols, and they are still rolling out, but the pace has slowed, or at least that is my perception as a dealer. But, we just got Mk18 pistols in, and have a few more coming, so distribution is still working. DD has been pretty close to just in time shipping, so one day off production, and shipping starts, so I would be surprised if they have stopped, but it has slowed, and it will certainly stop soon.

What you do with your own gun is one thing, what configuration the manufacturer ships then in is another thing entirely.

It’s reasonable to assume they don’t want a bunch of inventory on the market at distributors or stores that might be illegal to sell as configured so they’re probably tapering off to see what fuckery the ATF actually makes official.

If there is still demand for a viable product they’ll make them.

Reactions: E. Bryant
ATF is going to get sued and overulled on this. They cant just make up rules and arbitrary points without legislation. They will get sued and this shit will get thrown out. Have to wait for them to implement it before someone can show harm and file a suit.

ATF is going to get sued and overulled on this. They cant just make up rules and arbitrary points without legislation. They will get sued and this shit will get thrown out. Have to wait for them to implement it before someone can show harm and file a suit.

That might be the case. But with all your industry insider knowledge and experience, do you think that the ATF would allow DD to continue cranking out braced pistols in the meantime? Do you think that dealers would be allowed to continue transferring these items? If indeed both of these activities were magically OK, would DD put its contracts at risk by fighting an agency of its largest customer?

Reactions: AirgunnerPCP