• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Daniel Defense Problem

Alcatraz

Private
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2013
I am looking to purchase a Daniel defense AR-15 with a 12.5 inch barrel, BUT im looking to get their 12 inch RIS railing. I went to the gun store today and guy brought down a 14.5inch barrel with 12 inch handguard, after him explaining it to me he said the muzzle thread would be a about 1/4 inch in the railing. I was driving home thinking 12.5 inch barrel, 12 inch handguard, that should fit. Does anybody know if it will, and has anybody tried this, I would appreciate pictures and detailed explanations, thank you

Will it fit, sure, you could run a 10" barrel with a 12" hand guard. Will it work, that depends. If you wanted to run a thread on can its ok, QD can, maybe not ok, comp or flash hider, I wouldnt do it.

1" less rail than hand guard generally.

What muzzle device do you want to put on the barrel?

12.5" barrel with a 12" DD rail. The threads are 1/2" under the rail

ddsbr2.jpg

im looking to apply the DD RIS picatinny rail (flat dark earth) and ive seen pics with it too, so i think it will work. So it looks like it may? but i still would like to hear everyones opinion MARSOC DD M4.jpg
and im looking to put an AAC flash hider ,with an AAC suppressor.