• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Daniel Defense Torture Test-Impressive.

Re: Daniel Defense Torture Test-Impressive.

shocked.gif
Holy crap.

Pretty amazing to see how well that aimpoint held up.

The results really don't surprise me. DD makes good stuff. All of their stuff that I've used has been top notch.

Those Aimpoints are the sh!t as far as red dots go. I have one that's anodized blue that's around 20 years old and it's still going strong.

Always liked my Omega rail, now I like it better. Pretty sure she'll never see this kind o beatin, hope not anyhow.

i too love my DD rail. absolutely great stuff. great company.

now about that aimpoint. i couldn't believe it continued to function even after the glass was cracked!!! and held zero for that long. i wouldn't be suprised to see how little he was actually off target at the end there.

That is pretty damned impressive to put it mildly. I have thought for a long time that the DD M4 carbines were excellent value for the money, but that vid certainly sums it up well. As for the Aimpoint...that is just AMAZING!! I hate vids like that because I always feel a strange tug on my wallet!
wink.gif

Also, the best part of the vid is at around 10:28 when you hear Vickers exclaim "HOLY F@#K" as the M4 drops from the chopper.
laugh.gif
Good stuf!!!

That makes me feel good about my DD rail, though it is at Daniel defense at the moment. It was missing an index pin, so it is being installed... I can't wait to get it back.

Unimpressive....

Seriously....

This video has fanboy written all over it. Are we to believe that only a weapon from DD could stand up to choreographed abuse. The video isn't worthy of thread on this forum.

Seriously, your post. . . it has ignorance written all over it.

There are a metric shit ton of manufacturers parts (they go on rifles) that could not & have not held up to similar abuse.
It's nice to see the integrity of their T1 mount, BUIS, & rail attachment system displayed as well the AP & MP "plastic" stock.
While by no means scientific in technique or evaluation, the results they showed confirm the ruggedness of many of their manufactured accessories vs those of MIM & erector set design.

Thanks for judging for us what is appropriate to post on at this forum too.

Right?! Not sure what bugs are crawling up who's asses out in the Phoenix area, but this was posted to merely celebrate the awesomeness of watching a gun of any make or model be subject to that kind of abuse. Also, by all means I don't have the most posts on this site to moderate, bit who is this guy to judge what is and isn't "worthy" of the hide?

Despite the obvious ignorance, if bushmaster, rock river, noveske, colt, etc made a "torture test" video of their guns durability through the same abuse, I say congrats to them as well.

Color me wrong...

Ignorance of what? Don't pull any punches...

I never said DD didn't make a good carbine. I was just surprised to see all of the slobbering over some very unscientific tests that an Olympic Arms carbine would likely pass.

I was under the impression that the forum was geared towards DMR/SPR type semi-auto rifles. Not every autoloading carbine on the market. My mistake...

Re: Color me wrong...

I don't want to undercredit your statement or the valuable information you have provided to others based on your other posts, but there are more than a handful of users on here that would rather discuss black rifles of any configuration on here rather than with the fanboys and mall ninjas over on ar15.com.
I was actually visiting DD's site slobbering over their new MFR forearm I'd like on my current spr project when I stumbled across this video. Thank you however, as I do understand your stance on the topic.

Re: Color me wrong...

IE the ignorance comment in reference to your initial post in this thread.

It was a demonstration of the ruggedness & potential capabilities of their accessory line more so than trying to display any limitations of the legacy platform. I have high doubts a lot of hobby guns would fail somewhere in those "tests" but expect most built at or near the TDPs would exhibit similar results.

Again, there are tons of other manufacturer's designs who could not pass the 30' drop test & remain in place let alone retain zero. [cough duckgooseSWAN]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dzhitshard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Again, there are tons of other manufacturer's designs who could not pass the 30' drop test & remain in place let alone retain zero. [cough duckgoose<span style="color: #FF6600"><span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">SWAN</span></span></span>] </div></div>

HAAA!!! That a good one! At least you know the lever would have broken off after the 6' drop if it hit right...the 30' drop would have just finished the job completely!!!
wink.gif

Makes me wanna buy one...

I would like to see this test done on a mainstream brand as well side by side. I have heard nothing but good things about DD but am curious as to how well a Bushy or RRA would fair. If they survive as well it speaks more of the platform than the brand.

All AR parts are not created equal, If you compare LMT,DD,KAC Etc. parts like the buffer tube or the rails side by side with the lower end manufacturers they are miles above. They have better features, better material selection and structural design the other base manufacturers bypass for price or ease of manufacture.

Its ballsy to market this way. I dont think I can be labeled a DD fanboy, I only own a BCG from them.

DAMN IT!! I see another rifle in my future... I'm apologizing to my bank account yet again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shepheard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would like to see this test done on a mainstream brand as well side by side. I have heard nothing but good things about DD but am curious as to how well a Bushy or RRA would fair. If they survive as well it speaks more of the platform than the brand.</div></div>

Then do it yourself... This test was clearly a way for DD and Vickers to demonstrate the durability of their product. They in no way said that no other rifle could handle these tests.

If you want to see other manufacturers torture their rifles either convince them to do it, or buy the rifles and do it yourself.

I saw a M16 A2 fall from 800 feet out of an M1950 hit on the Drop Zone (Dirt)One of the guys in my squad, and after a going over by an armorer it was good to go. Any Mil Spec AR should do the same.

I think they should go forward now and run it for 64,000 rounds without cleaning like BCM. Man that would be the killer test. Beat it to hell and then shoot it to hell. Still survives! I own a DD by the way.

I was interested to see how well their T1 mount held up. I'm a little curious to see how some of the other QD mounts on the market would hold up.

I think they should have labeled this the Aimpoint torture test!!!

I think they named it pretty good since they are DD but they weren't shy about letting you know how impressed they were with the Aimpoint. Always thought they were nice but now if I had the money I'd get one. I don't care if other companies products can take the abuse that the Aimpoint did, it's all talk til we see a video with this kind of torture. I'm sure there are other AR manufacturer's products that could go through the test right next to the DD also, we just haven't seen it. If you watch what NF puts their stuff through before it passes their tests you'd want one of those too. Its one thing to hear about how tough/repeatable X brand is but the proof is when you get to see it.

I do agree that this test doesn't and wasn't meant to reflect that the DD is the only rifle capable of withstanding such punishment, but it does go to show that they test their stuff to make sure that their formula works.

The two things that amaze me the most are the handguard and the Aimpoint mount. I've seen less handguards take a complete crap after having been hit with much less. I do believe that their mount is the way to go also. If I remember right, theirs isn't a quick detach unit. There are two screws that are used to attach the mount to the top rail. I've often wondered if a Larue mount could survive such abuse, because their mounting clamp that actually holds the sight onto the rail is only around 1/2" long, as opposed to the DD that is the length of the sight.

Should have dropped it out of the helicopter into the explosin and then run it over with the truck lol!

If any of you shoot Woodys DSM match the scenery may look awfuly familar. THey abused the hell out of that rifle and just like a Timex it kept on ticking

Pretty awesome. Really, it's the freefloat and the buffer tube that would most likely bust. That Omega-X rail is pretty wicked. Looks like a URX. I bet with a longer forarm impacts directly to the barrel are mitigated resulting in a more durable platform.

I'm impressed by the aimpoint. If one looks at the T-1, you'll notice that the front lens is curved, where the rear lens is flat. If the rear lens had a curve, it might not have cracked. Also, I've noted that my T-1 is less recessed on the rear lens.

I find it funny that they didn't use the BUIS. Maybe they were off too? If so, it kinda makes the whole idea of BUIS kind of pointless. I wish they had tried the BUIS. Also I wonder if a set of folding BUIS would actually take the impacts better and retained zero better.

I like my DD M4 12.0 rail. I had a slight issue with the first one I got and they bent over backwards to get me a replacement. Top notch customer service.

The aimpoint surprised the hell out of me i expected the carbine to make it through the first couple of test. Aimpoint had a broken lens and didn't lose zero till the heli drop. Makes me feel good about buying a micro T-1 and that i have my DD omega rail on my 14.5 BCM.

The most impressive thing on that video is the 6 ft drop to concrete at 8:17. What's really funny is that it's the one test everyone seems to be the least surprised about, except for maybe the dirt and water tests, which don't really count anyway.

I have a DDM4 set up exactly like that, I bought it dec 2009, 4k rounds through it and it's in great shape best AR out of the box IMO

I have some BCM midlength and they are both great weaons but the DDM4 is my baby.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackops_2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The aimpoint surprised the hell out of me i expected the carbine to make it through the first couple of test. Aimpoint had a broken lens and didn't lose zero till the heli drop. Makes me feel good about buying a micro T-1 and that i have my DD omega rail on my 14.5 BCM. </div></div>

Agreed!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackops_2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The aimpoint surprised the hell out of me i expected the carbine to make it through the first couple of test. Aimpoint had a broken lens and didn't lose zero till the heli drop. Makes me feel good about buying a micro T-1 and that i have my DD omega rail on my 14.5 BCM. </div></div>

The Aimpoint was knocked off zero a little to the upper right before the heli drop. Probably the concrete drop but BFD right? Just pointing it out, wish I didn't have an astigmatism or cataracts because I'd have a AimPnt T1 on mine if'n the dot didn't look like a sploch with tentacles. Instead I put a Vortex Viper PST 1-4X24 w/Bobro mount. Still happy but I don't think I'll drop it anytime soon for testing purposes. 8^)

I agree the aimpoint impressed me the most. I wonder if my EOTech could stand up to that kind of torture? I will definitely consider an aimpoint when it comes time for another optic purchase.

Enjoyed the vid - but looks like a job with DD may be pretty good too! It certainly doesn't look like work as I know it!
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Salmonaxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like my DD M4 12.0 rail. I had a slight issue with the first one I got and they bent over backwards to get me a replacement. Top notch customer service. </div></div>

care to expand upon this more? PM is fine if you dont want to talk bad about DD, but i just installed a 12.0 Lite Rail on mine and it went on just fine, but i havent shot it yet and i havent taken anywhere in the truck yet, but it seems stout as hell. Definitely more stout than the last Troy rail i replaced it with, because the two peices didnt snug up together.

Aimpoint was impressive, im kicking myself for not getting the t-1 when it was on sale a few months ago. I wonder how an ACOG would do under the same test?

Clicking on the site and I wound up with a Trojan Virus. Not sure what happen but just in case use caution. Still trying to fix the lap top

I'd guess just about any AR would take a beating and keep on functioning. However many dot sights or optics options wouldn't. The Aimpiont in this case did pretty well.