• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Danny "Darkeagle" Memorial Shoot - $250 + Prizes

deadeye

Sergeant
Minuteman
<span style="font-size: 14pt"><span style="color: #000099"><span style="font-weight: bold">Its time for the Second Annual Darkeagle Memorial Shoot.

This competition is in honor of the late Danny Shumway who
passed away in July of 2005 at an all too early age of 18.</span>
</span>
</span>

He was a remarkable young man with a love for guns and shooting.

He was one of the first Snipers Hide members - going by the handle "Darkeagle" (member #260) and enjoyed learning and sharing here.

Danny traveled with his father (deadeye on the Hide) participating in many competitions:

At age 16 he won 1st place as Grand Aggregate winner at the Spirit of America F-Class Fullbore Rifle Prone Match and Sierra Bullets Individual Match at the NRA Whitington Center 2003 - Raton , New Mexico

Earned the NRA Distinguished Expert Award in BOTH left and right handed 3 position small bore rifle.

Age 17 took 1st place USMC High Civilian Shooter at the Carlos Hathcock Match , New Jersey ; 2004 (and was higher than the Top Marine score as well)

He also competed in NYS Rifle and Pistol Association events; placing 1st place in the Junior Open Site competition and named the NYS Sporter Rifle High Male Junior 2 years straight.

<span style="font-size: 14pt"><span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">Trophies and cash prizes will be awarded to the top three scores as well as random drawing door prizes.
</span></span></span>

<span style="color: #000099"><span style="font-size: 11pt">
Saturday JULY 16th, 2011

Registration starts at 10am - Match Fee: $10

200 Yard F-Class Style - Both classes will be combined.

Community Conservation Club Odessa, NY

Contact Scott Woodward by PM with any questions (STP on the Hide)</span></span>

Re: Danny "Darkeagle" Memorial Shoot

Box of assorted Man-Swag leaves my house tomorrow AM.
A heartfelt thanx to Nancy for reminding me.
Pete

Well, it is with much regret that I won't be at this one. I'll be headed for Allentown for some unscheduled family matters.

It is extra disappointing, as I had lined up a rifle that might have actually made me competitive.

Good luck to everyone! I hope you have great weather and a great turnout.

Best of luck to all the shooters...Danny will be controlling the wind.

Scott started a new post with scores so I will just quote it over here as well and add that Danny's sister Megan who has never shot a match asked if she could shoot and although she didn't feel well, shot a 181-11V.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A smaller group than last year, yet we had a grand time. More mirage than we tend to see at Odessa, but bright mid-summer sunshine and near 90 degree temps with little wind to deal with. Our top 3 shooters that took some cash home were as follows:

1. Rob T. 199-28V 6PPC
2. Keith E. 198-17V 6PPC
3. Mike P. 197-20V 6BR

Thanks to Jim and his Jimmy, Bobby, and JDA Sr for all the help with the pre-match mowing and target changes.

We fired the match at 240yds.

Hey Mike, you left the barrel and stock here. I have it at home and will wait to see you next time or will wait for some sort of message from you or Rob.

Regards,

Scott </div></div>