• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Darex 90 help

1SMALLJOHNSON

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 8, 2007
Tallahassee, FLORIDA
Hi Folks,

I've just purchased a used Darex 90 for sharpening end mills. This particular unit does not come with the Stylus assembly. I've looked on line, and it appears easy enough to make. The one critical thing I need is the dimension of the rocker plate (part #9 on the schematic). This is the plate with two slots: One for fore/aft movement of the stylus plate, the other slot is the radiused one, to control the stylus height for primary and secondary cuts.

I'm looking to see if anyone would share with me a trace of the rocker plate? Perhaps with some dimensions? I'd buy it from Darex, but they want $165 for the assembly. I'd just rather make it myself, for that money.

Many thanks,

1smalljohnson

I'm not sure what model mine is but it looks like the 90 on their site.

3/16" plate
Slots are .265"
Radius looks like 2.5"
centers of the slots are 7/8" at the farthest point. Guess you can base that off your hole spacing.

Let me know if you need more info. ;-)