• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

"Darkeagle" Memorial Shoot Odessa CCC - $250 Prize

deadeye

Sergeant
Minuteman
<span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'">

<span style="font-size: 14pt"><span style="color: #3333FF">This competition is in honor of the late Danny Shumway who
passed away in July of 2005 at an all too early age of 18.</span>

<span style="font-size: 11pt"> He was a remarkable young man with a love for guns and shooting.

He was one of the first Snipers Hide members - going by the handle "Darkeagle" (member #260) and enjoyed learning and sharing here.

Danny traveled with his father (deadeye on the Hide) participating in many competitions:

At age 16 he won 1st place as Grand Aggregate winner at the Spirit of America F-Class Fullbore Rifle Prone Match and Sierra Bullets Individual Match at the NRA Whitington Center 2003 - Raton , New Mexico

Earned the NRA Distinguished Expert Award in BOTH left and right handed 3 position small bore rifle.

Age 17 took 1st place USMC High Civilian Shooter at the Carlos Hathcock Match , New Jersey ; 2004 (and was higher than the Top Marine score as well)

He also competed in NYS Rifle and Pistol Association events; placing 1st place in the Junior Open Site competition and named the NYS Sporter Rifle High Male Junior 2 years straight.
</span>
</span>
<span style="font-size: 14pt"><span style="color: #FF0000">Trophies will be awarded to the top 3 scores and a $250 cash prize for first place.</span></span>

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 14pt">Sunday JULY 18th, 2010</span>

Registration starts at 10am

200 Yard F-Class Style

Match Fee: $10</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Community Conservation Club Odessa, NY

<span style="font-size: 14pt">Contact Scott Woodward by PM with any questions (STP on the Hide)</span></span></span>

Re: "Darkeagle" Memorial Shoot Odessa CCC - $250 Prize

Both classes will be combined and high score takes it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: STP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Both classes will be combined and high score takes it. </div></div>

Wonder how much it would cost for Rob to stay home??
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheBlueLaser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will be there! </div></div>

oh Hell no.......not if I find out where you live and let the air out of your tires.

oh ok....welcome to the HIDE.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: usmcsniperone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Welcome Rob! You do realize that now that your a Hide member you have to paint the Laser Camo!!!
grin.gif
</div></div>

And Rob, you gotta hold that rifle, none of that pinching the trigger guard and trigger like a dainty cup of tea. lol

actually....don't change a thing 200 39V where can you go to improve? 40v that's all that's left for you.

I've been pampering myself of late regarding heat and humidity, hence my recent absences at Odessa and Springwater. But this event is something else, and I plan to be there unless the sky falls.

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kasumi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

And Rob, you gotta hold that rifle, none of that pinching the trigger guard and trigger like a dainty cup of tea. </div></div>

+1

Yup, Danny himself has been quoted as saying

<span style="font-size: 14pt"><span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'"><span style="color: #000099"><span style="font-style: italic">"That ain't nothin' but belly benchrest"</span></span>
</span></span>

I think my buddy is going to come with me and shoot my Savage 30BR and dont worry I will be pinching the trigger.

Pinching, squeezing, or yanking...it won`t matter. The rest of us will need to bring our "A" game.
grin.gif

I`ve been informed that we will also have door prizes as well.

Once again, I will have at least one loaner rifle and ammo for the match. PM me for dibbs...k?

Also, we hope to see some of our new friends from the Springwater club...eh?

Scott

...and don't anybody get concerned about comin' in dead last...

That's <span style="font-style: italic">my</span> job!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...and don't anybody get concerned about comin' in dead last...

That's <span style="font-style: italic">my</span> job!</div></div>

It may be your job, but I've been giving you some stiff competition for it this year!

While I appreciate the thought, stay outta <span style="font-style: italic">my</span> last place!

Don't expect me to make it easy on ya!

Yer gonna have to <span style="font-style: italic">work harder</span> to stay out of last place if I can do anything about it!

Ready up folks, one week from today.

It's early to be trusting the weather man, but for now the forcast looks very nice for Sunday. Should be a fun day!

last place may be a two man contest, but first place is not
i think you guys that think the blue laser is a shoe in are forgetting a young man by the mane of Andy Mussak that has shot a few 199s at Odessa
hope Andy is able to attend, it will be fun to watch

Amongst the other things to do for prep, the weather is one thing we can`t control. But I`m sure liking what I see even if it is 5 days out.
whistle.gif

I'm not <span style="font-style: italic">trying</span> to compete with Greg for that spot, it just sort of works out that way...

However, I'd love to see a few scores over 195 just to keep it interesting. Andy is certainly a likely candidate.

Just a quick note - there will be a couple of door prizes as well so even you guys haggling for last could go home with a prize!

Weather is still looking good too
cool.gif

I`ll have 5 rifles and ammo Sunday.

(No, I didn`t loan out the 6BRX!)

Fingers are crossed...
whistle.gif

Scott

I would only be embarassed at winning a prize. Anything I might win would be donated back to the Club's 'Danny Fund", for the education of Junior Shooters.

The thought is pleasant, but my needs remain frugal.

I will be shooting the Ghost Dancer, and bringing "The Deucifer" and my M700 VLS .223 plus ammo. The point is simple, if they run it, you will come....

Greg

hey Scott got the atv loaded and got rope for the flag
also will bring some tools for flag pole
if you think of anything else, PM me