• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Dasher with 105 RDF

MTSLW

Trigger puller
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 24, 2013
Montana
After three 5 round salvos cleaning between each I got a chance to shoot some fireforming loads on paper. I'm sold on the Dasher!
Specs:
Defiance Deviant
25" Criterion remage
KRG x-ray (minus the cheekpiece which I took off for cleaning and left it at the house)
Sig Tango 4 4x16
105 Nosler RDF blems
30 gr Varget
False shoulder plus 20 thou jam

Attachments

• IMG_3178.JPG
    IMG_3178.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_3180.JPG
    IMG_3180.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_3179.JPG
    IMG_3179.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
I love my Dasher! My fire forming loads were 1/4" as well. I even had a group in the 1's. With 32.3 - 32.5 of Varget behind a 105 Berger, I get about a .2-.3 group, and I also routinely get .4 - .6 MOA at 500 yards. This little gun is incredible and you'll love it too!

That's what I keep hearing, almost seems to simple!

After fireforming. It's liking the Varget and RL16, RDFs are just kissing the lands.

Attachments

• photo60458.jpg
    photo60458.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 22
Tagging in for future updates. Just bought 1300 of the rdf's blems for my Dasher as practice ammo, plus the 1k normal rdf's I already have. Will have to give them a try here soon.

Tagging in for future updates. Just bought 1300 of the rdf's blems for my Dasher as practice ammo, plus the 1k normal rdf's I already have. Will have to give them a try here soon.

33.4 gr Varget (I was up to 33.8 before getting pressure, but that's a hot load so work up to find your max!) 25" criterion and getting 3015. Also liked RL 16, went up to 35.8 but was at 2980. I think I need a longer tube for the slower powder. 1.555 case length on the shoulder, I'd have to check the length to ogive. I'm will load down to conserve brass life for plinking but for local matches it's nice to have that little bit of extra speed. And Remage barrels are cheap:)

Curious how yours runs with the RDFs. I'm planning on running them as well when they become available again.

Are you guys shooting the LRC match in MT next month? I could give you some 105's if you want to play with them.

Well that's no fun, you guys are the team to beat this year! You'll have to let us know how they shoot!

Just bumping up this thread.
Has anyone settled on any good loads for the RDF in the dasher .

I still haven't gotten around to it, shooting through my Hybrids first. The top shooter in our club series is running the Dasher with the 105 RDF with great success, super tiny groups. I think he's around 2950-2960 fps which is where most people seem to end up.

After three 5 round salvos cleaning between each I got a chance to shoot some fireforming loads on paper. I'm sold on the Dasher!
Specs:
Defiance Deviant
25" Criterion remage
KRG x-ray (minus the cheekpiece which I took off for cleaning and left it at the house)
Sig Tango 4 4x16
105 Nosler RDF blems
30 gr Varget
False shoulder plus 20 thou jam

PM Sent