• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Data Book Idea - Circa System

sandwalk3r

Private
Minuteman
Mar 11, 2011
Kentucky
All,

I enjoy my Impact Data Book setup, but I just got a little Savage .22 bolt gun and went plinking with a buddy the other day and didn't want to add more meat to my data book.

That prompted an idea for a new data book idea - Levenger's Circa notebook system.

The Circa system uses little plastic discs (8 would do for a data book size sheet) with lots of smaller perforations that allow the pages to fit snugly into the "spine" of sorts without actually being 100% locked in.

I've used this forever, and the pages are by no means loose. But it's a cheap system that allows you to move pages around easily WITHOUT the added bulk of a 3-ring binder.

And who hasn't had a binder whose rings got screwed up?

If you're interested, you can just pick up some circa disks. A quantity of 8 will do, and the size is up to you. I'd recommend the sizes in their starter kit.

You can get hard covers. And if you just want some of their paper, order junior size.

The Impact Data Book sheets are a hair larger than Levenger's junior size page, FYI.

Also fyi you will need a circa hole punch in order to do this. That's the not so cheap part of this.

Just wanted to share the idea. They're not a bad idea for a backup kit. And if any of you have used Levenger's stuff for work/business and have systems like this sitting around, try them out as a data book.

It's possible that I'll go for circa disk sizes that will allow me to replace the ringed binder in my data book cover. You just can't beat not using rings in my book.

Here's a link to their starter kit.

Let me know what you think.

Re: Data Book Idea - Circa System

ADS6370_0311_CSW_JNR.jpg

Quick pic for you.

Re: Data Book Idea - Circa System

thats a good idea but the premade books are 15 dollars more, I think.