• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SOLD David Miller Co Custom Mauser Safari Rifle 338 win mag

AXMCdriver

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 16, 2017
    Orange County, CA
    It pains me to let this go, but I’ve decided to put my David Miller Company Custom Mauser Build up for sale.

David Miller Co. is a custom hunting rifle builder out of Tucson AZ and This is their Safari Rifle model in 338 Win. Mag with a 24.25” barrel sporting a recessed target crown.
    David Miller and his partner Kurt Crum, who is a magician with wood stocks, are extremely talented gun makers who cater mostly to the high-end custom trade. They make beautiful yet functional rifles. Beautiful as David Miller’s rifles are, the Tucson gunmaker’s philosophy is to build firearms that eliminate mechanical failures in the field.
    An article in Outdoor Life (https://www.outdoorlife.com/articles/hunting/2015/09/3-rifles-hunt-world) featured a safari rifle built by Miller as follows: “Rifles made by the David Miller Company of Tucson, Ariz., are widely considered the finest hunting rifles ever created.

I am including the pictured mounted Swarovski Z6 2.5-15x44 mounted to the receiver with Miller’s signature custom two-piece integral rings/mount system. Scope has the Swaro BR BDC reticle is a full duplex with five short stadia lines below the horizontal with 5 aiming dots between the lines. It can be used with Swaro’s ballistic program (www.ballisticprograms.swarovskioptik.com) to develop ranges for the various stadia lines based on bullet parameters. The scope shows no handling marks and the glass and mechanics are perfect

Stock Configuration & Condition: The stock is a beautiful fancy walnut with dark marbling in the buttstock. The stock has a pistol grip with a checkered blued steel grip cap, a cheekpiece and a reddish-brown solid rubber recoil pad marked “Pachmayr”. The stock is hand-checkered with smooth fleur-di-lis patterns in the checkering. There are sling swivel studs mounted in the belly and the underside of the forend. The stock was made with great detail, with contoured lines around the bolt release, port opening and magazine floorplate. Please see pictures to get a good idea of how beautiful this stock is and to see the minor handling marks mentioned below: There is a ding in the bottom edge of the cheekpiece and a few drag lines in the cheekpiece itself, with a few more light marks scattered over the surfaces. The checkering shows light wear without mars. The LOP measures 14” from the front of the trigger to the back of the recoil pad. The pad shows no wear and there is still a little give on its edges. The pad is in about Fine condition. The stock rates in about Excellent condition.

Finish: The finish is a matte blue. The bolt is jeweled.

Bore Condition: The bore is bright with sharp rifling and no erosion.

Overall Condition: This rifle retains about 99+% of its metal finish. I can’t find any marks in the metal finish. The screw heads are Allen head and the markings are crisp. See above for detailed description of the wood and condition. The Mauser action functions flawlessly. It has a bolt release on the left side of the receiver. It appears to be the typical custom hunting rifle that was seldom carried and fired even more rarely. I put 10 rounds through it to confirm zero when I purchase initially and it was sub-moa.

This went at auction years ago for $6000. I’m sure it’s increased substantially in value since, but I’m willing to let it go for $5600 for the entire rig.
    This will ship from my FFL to your FFL. Buyer will pay my FFLs $80 handling fee plus actual shipping/insurance charges.
    **SOLD to LCOO13**

Last edited:
    It pains me to let this go, but I’ve decided to put my David Miller Company Custom Mauser Build up for sale.

David Miller Co. is a custom hunting rifle builder out of Tucson AZ and This is their Safari Rifle model in 338 Win. Mag with a 24.25” barrel sporting a recessed target crown.
    David Miller and his partner Kurt Crum, who is a magician with wood stocks, are extremely talented gun makers who cater mostly to the high-end custom trade. They make beautiful yet functional rifles. Beautiful as David Miller’s rifles are, the Tucson gunmaker’s philosophy is to build firearms that eliminate mechanical failures in the field.
    An article in Outdoor Life (https://www.outdoorlife.com/articles/hunting/2015/09/3-rifles-hunt-world) featured a safari rifle built by Miller as follows: “Rifles made by the David Miller Company of Tucson, Ariz., are widely considered the finest hunting rifles ever created.

I am including the pictured mounted Swarovski Z6 2.5-15x44 mounted to the receiver with Miller’s signature custom two-piece integral rings/mount system. Scope has the Swaro BR BDC reticle is a full duplex with five short stadia lines below the horizontal with 5 aiming dots between the lines. It can be used with Swaro’s ballistic program (www.ballisticprograms.swarovskioptik.com) to develop ranges for the various stadia lines based on bullet parameters. The scope shows no handling marks and the glass and mechanics are perfect

Stock Configuration & Condition: The stock is a beautiful fancy walnut with dark marbling in the buttstock. The stock has a pistol grip with a checkered blued steel grip cap, a cheekpiece and a reddish-brown solid rubber recoil pad marked “Pachmayr”. The stock is hand-checkered with smooth fleur-di-lis patterns in the checkering. There are sling swivel studs mounted in the belly and the underside of the forend. The stock was made with great detail, with contoured lines around the bolt release, port opening and magazine floorplate. Please see pictures to get a good idea of how beautiful this stock is and to see the minor handling marks mentioned below: There is a ding in the bottom edge of the cheekpiece and a few drag lines in the cheekpiece itself, with a few more light marks scattered over the surfaces. The checkering shows light wear without mars. The LOP measures 14” from the front of the trigger to the back of the recoil pad. The pad shows no wear and there is still a little give on its edges. The pad is in about Fine condition. The stock rates in about Excellent condition.

Finish: The finish is a matte blue. The bolt is jeweled.

Bore Condition: The bore is bright with sharp rifling and no erosion.

Overall Condition: This rifle retains about 99+% of its metal finish. I can’t find any marks in the metal finish. The screw heads are Allen head and the markings are crisp. See above for detailed description of the wood and condition. The Mauser action functions flawlessly. It has a bolt release on the left side of the receiver. It appears to be the typical custom hunting rifle that was seldom carried and fired even more rarely. I put 10 rounds through it to confirm zero when I purchase initially and it was sub-moa.

This went at auction years ago for $6000. I’m sure it’s increased substantially in value since, but I’m willing to let it go for $5600 for the entire rig.
    This will ship from my FFL to your FFL. Buyer will pay my FFLs $80 handling fee plus actual shipping/insurance charges.
    still for sale?

Having purchased quite a few guns over the internet I must say that AXMCdriver was one of the easiest individuals to deal with and his honesty was outstanding. I would not hesitate to purchase from him again.