• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

david tubb rem 700 bolt?

NY700

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 23, 2009
Dallas
I am on a tight budget with little room forr error in building my dream stick. Does anyone have any experience with the supperior shooting supply remington 700 replacment bolt by David tubb. Seams like a good deal compared to truing up my factory original. Any ideas on the topic would be great.

Re: david tubb rem 700 bolt?

personally some of the david tubb products are great, and others seem to fix somehting that aint broke....just my .02 but i have no experience on the remmy bolt...sorry

Why wouldn't you have to true up the action if you used a different bolt?

And it looks like a PT&G bolt that Tubb is offering along with a couple of other custom action makers.

you still have to true up the action if you go with a tubb or a similar aftermarket complete bolt but the advantage is that the bolt doesnt need to be sleeved there is already a aftermarket bolt handle and they are usually threaded so you can change the knob at will you can choose from fluting options and they have improved/lighter firing pins a new bolt shroud and with all of these improvements plus the work that your gunsmith doesnt need to do on your old bolt you end up saving money.
here is a link to my prefered source
http://www.pacifictoolandgauge.com/products/parts/remington.htm#bolts