• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Davidson's LTR 40x custom shop version, How to id?

ToddM

Philanthropist
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 1, 2008
PA
Hello all,

I've ran across a couple posts mentioning a special run of the remington 700 LTR done for davidson's that had a 40x trigger and had the action trued in the custom shop.

My main question is how do you tell one of these from a plain LTR? Did they have a specific model number? Were all the other LTR's x-mark pro triggers? Can the 40x trigger be visually identified from a non-40x trigger without removing the stock? The few pics I have seen of these seem to show them with the longer HS precision stock as opposed to the new smaller compact stock, but not sure if that's just a model year issue or an identifier.

Thanks

Todd

Re: Davidson's LTR 40x custom shop version, How to id?

The trigger will be identifiable by the external weight adjustment screw just in front (muzzle side) of the bolt release. The stock will also be a different color than the standard flat black one. I don't know of a way to easily distinguish that it had been trued up. Also, a lot of their custom shop stuff is marked differently on the barrels, but I would think the action wouldn't be marked differently, but not 100% sure on that

Dave

Thanks Dave.

I thought I found one locally but I'm pretty sure it didn't have a externally adjustable trigger, it was definitely not an x-mark but I don't think it was the 40x. Also all of the models I've seen pictures of have the longer stock on them instead of the current compact stock, not sure if that holds true for all of them.

I'd love to find one so the search continues
smile.gif

you and I both, but don't worry I don't have the cash to be any competition to you. I was really drooling over the one that popped up here a while back. Seems like it would be one of the best you could get for a factory stick...

Good luck with your search, keep me in mind if you find one and grow tired of it
smile.gif

Dave