• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Day at the range with new Sako Trg22

SScott

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
It is not exactly a new rifle but is new to me with low round count, purchased from a Hide member this morning. It was about 34 deg with a slight breeze, and I shot my 175 SMK load with about 1/2 moa accuracy, I will have do some developement for this rifle. One thing I did notice is that my 175 SMK load shot a little slower out of this 26" bbl compared to my 24" Lawton BBL (I wonder what makes a barrel faster or slower). I also had some of my trusty 168 gr SMK load with 44.7 gr Varget, and this thing shot lights out.
The fit and finish on this rifle is great, and I really like the two stage trigger. I can't wait to do a load developement for my 175 SMK's.
SScott

Sakofull.jpg

The only shots on the target that are mine is the group, the range was crowded and it was hard to get a cold range so I shot at a target that was left at the 100 yard boards.
Sakotgt.jpg

Re: Day at the range with new Sako Trg22

Nice! I had my eyes on that sale but decided to go new in the near future. Looks like a shooter for sure. Were you using the brake when shooting this morning?

Can't wait til the rest of my pennies are saved up for a rig like that.

Take care

Jesss I love those rifles. Thinking of selling my 50 to get one

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BBsteel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Were you using the brake when shooting this morning?</div></div>
Yes I was using the brake to shoot this group, and I am very happy with this purchase. Now that I have 2 .308's I am gonna have to sell my other sweethreat rifle.
As has been stated before, this sport is worse than crack cocain on both the money and the addiction,, LOL
SScott

TRGs are great shooting rifles, got one of the new 260s coming. Hope it shoots as good as my 308.

nice rifle, it only gets better with use!

Awesome rifle ,great shooting!

Nice. I've had an unfired NIB TRG-22 in my safe since Christmas. I'm still saving toward the optics I'd like; probably 5.5-22x NF NXS, but I'm thinking about stepping up to a Premier. I hope mine shoots as well of yours.

Do you have any photos showing the brake installed? I'm still debating on whether or not I should add the Sako brake to my TRG.

Very nice!!
I love my TRG-22! I want to add a TRG-42 in .300WM but I have to slow down on my spending since my Iraq savings is starting to dwindle (just a tad).

I love the triggers on those TRG's. Wish I could get one like it for another rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: matt33</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice. I've had an unfired NIB TRG-22 in my safe since Christmas. I'm still saving toward the optics I'd like; probably 5.5-22x NF NXS, but I'm thinking about stepping up to a Premier. I hope mine shoots as well of yours.

Do you have any photos showing the brake installed? I'm still debating on whether or not I should add the Sako brake to my TRG. </div></div>

The Sako break is great! I love shooting with it! I wouldn't think of shooting without it unless shooting suppressed!
4882865563_8f3b40c2ce_b.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As a TRG shooter myself you will LOVE this rifle. It is reliable, accurate, and kicks ass. </div></div>

To add BIG + you can pick up the phone and have one on your door step in 2 days. 22 and 42 here with a 260 coming, a bit longer than 2 days though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stefan73</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: matt33</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice. I've had an unfired NIB TRG-22 in my safe since Christmas. I'm still saving toward the optics I'd like; probably 5.5-22x NF NXS, but I'm thinking about stepping up to a Premier. I hope mine shoots as well of yours.

Do you have any photos showing the brake installed? I'm still debating on whether or not I should add the Sako brake to my TRG. </div></div>

The Sako break is great! I love shooting with it! I wouldn't think of shooting without it unless shooting suppressed!

</div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">What is the function of the slotted screw on top of the brake? I know there is a hex screw to snug up the brake on the threaded barrel.</span>

looks to me like it indexes on the slot in the barrel.

nice, very nice. Is there gonna be a team TRG22 in ellensburg next time around?? you, Me and diggler44
congrats Scott.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sakoluvr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stefan73</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: matt33</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice. I've had an unfired NIB TRG-22 in my safe since Christmas. I'm still saving toward the optics I'd like; probably 5.5-22x NF NXS, but I'm thinking about stepping up to a Premier. I hope mine shoots as well of yours.

</div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">What is the function of the slotted screw on top of the brake? I know there is a hex screw to snug up the brake on the threaded barrel.</span></div></div>

No that screw is used to hook a mirage band

There is a allen head screw (metric of course) on the side that snugs it up.

I'll try to find a picture of it from the side.

OK, now I remember that about the top screw on the brake. I have a TRG 42 in .300 Win Mag that I am dying to shoot. Waiting to get some quality glass on her first. Thanks bud.

If you like the factory brake then I highly recommend the EliteIron MaxTac. I've shot both side by side to compare and the Elite is clearly superior.
BTW, I have a Roedale on the way which I can't wait to test out, will report on it later.
For now, just biding my time until the KRG folder comes in...

http://www.eliteiron.net/

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: attherange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nice, very nice. Is there gonna be a team TRG22 in ellensburg next time around?? you, Me and diggler44
congrats Scott. </div></div>
There's the man comming back to the scene of the crime, it's because of you and letting me shoot your TRG22 that I now own one.
I am not sure if I am gonna shoot this in E-burg this weekend or not, I would like to do some more laod development. Thanks for turning me onto such a nice rifle.
SScott

Scott, welcome to the TRG club, I should have warned you, my bad.
Your load worked great in my TRG and afforded me the win at the 51st annual long range NRA championship in 29 palms in november.
thanx a lot for sharing a great 1000yd load, I turned up my best scores ever with it.

chris are you planning on shooting in the match this weekend with us? I didn't have you on the roster but i bet we could squeeze you in there.

scott you will find the trg is one of the best factory rifles made for long range shooting, i won't say the best but they are a definetly top tier. I loned out my new trg to a new shooter for the match we will see how she does with it.

Oh crap! The field is getting very crowded with excellent rifles and riflemen! Good on you Sunnyside Scott!

That is a beautiful rifle congratulations on the purchase!

Good luck with the TRG. It dosent really get any better than this, I havent seen 1 yet that does not shoot as you describe with a competant driver. If you are going to shoot F class with it try the 155 scenars, they work very well out of the standard sako setup.

This thread has me really looking forward to the 260 TRG. Good shooting too!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shooter5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you like the factory brake then I highly recommend the EliteIron MaxTac. I've shot both side by side to compare and the Elite is clearly superior.
BTW, I have a Roedale on the way which I can't wait to test out, will report on it later.
For now, just biding my time until the KRG folder comes in...

http://www.eliteiron.net/ </div></div>

The Roedale is a very good brake.

SScott,

Looks great! You're really not helping me wait another month or so.

I have a TRG42 in .338LM, NIB, I got just before Christmas. Got a Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x44 with the rapid z-800 reticle, harris bipod, factory brake. Waiting on a near mount for the scope then I'm ready!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mavrick10_2000</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SScott,

Looks great! You're really not helping me wait another month or so. </div></div>
Why wait another month, Gunbroker has one listed right now....LOL
The only downside I have found is the price of their accessories.
SScott

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sunnyside Scott</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mavrick10_2000</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SScott,

Looks great! You're really not helping me wait another month or so. </div></div>
Why wait another month, Gunbroker has one listed right now....LOL
The only downside I have found is the price of their accessories.
SScott </div></div>

There are many other offerings from other vendors on accessories. Especially with KRG's new offerings. The mag prices hurt but how many do you really need (3 should about do it)? Again, KRG has a solution for that as well.

If I didn't want to wait a month I'd call Alex at Euro Optic and have it in my hands in two days. My wait is merely delayed gratification. To delay it a little further it'll go to my smith and be re-threaded to 5/8-24TPI because I use my suppressors on multiple rifles.

I also own a TRG 22 in 308 with NF 8-32X56 NXS on it that shoot lights out with 168 grain SMK's. Love the rifle and so will you. Great buy, good luck with it.