• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Day/Date on posts in thread not matching actual timestamp

alwaywatchyoursix

Extra Private
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2017
Folsom, CA
So, I didn't see any specific thread in here regarding guidelines on how to report what appears to be a technical error, so I'm just going to give it my best shot.

I've noticed on more than one occasion that posts in threads appear out of order. Specifically, the content of the posts make chronological sense, but the day and time at the top of the post doesn't.

Here's the latest thread that I noticed this in: https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/ag-40-40-ammo-holder.7003570/

When I look at this thread, both posts show that they were posted on Friday at 7:01 PM and Friday at 10:37 AM, in that order. When I mouse over the day/time the first one shows May 7th, but the 2nd one shows May 8th. And obviously May 7th AND May 8th can't both be Friday. So the posts are being listed in the correct chronological order, but the day on the posts isn't being shown accurately.

I checked my account settings and it is set to my time zone correctly, so that's not the issue.

Anyways, it's a minor issue, but I searched through the last year or so of threads in here and didn't see one similar, so here we are. Just wanted to point it out on the off-chance that the fix is also minor.

Maybe because they edited the post.

Neither post has the "last edited" bit on it. So unless I'm missing something, I'm inclined to believe that it wasn't because of editing.

Maybe my explanation didn't make sense. Let me try again.

I see post #1 as "Friday at 7:01 PM" but when I put my mouse on it, it shows up as "May 7, 2020 at 7:01 PM".

I see post #2 as "Friday at 10:37 AM" but when I put my mouse on it, it shows up as "May 8, 2020 at 10:37 AM".

Clearly one of those isn't correct. I'm inclined to believe it is the first one, since Friday was May 8th.